39

Week 6:

We sat at my laptop and Joe was telling me how to make an account,

"It's really easy, just watch me," he started moving my mouse around, "What name would you like?"

"Addy cakes, please," he typed it in it and set up his camera. He left the room and let me record in private.

"Hey, it's Adalyn. So it has been a pretty popular request on ThatcherJoe's channel that I make a channel of my very own so here goes. My name is Adalyn and I'm from Brisbane. I'm fourteen now and when I get home it'll be term one of grade nine! I'm Australian and just live with my mum in a small house. I don't have any pets but I'd love to get a fluffy kitten or puppy," I just kept talking about myself and explaining different confusions, "So like, comment and subscribe and I'll give you an Addy Cake," I laughed at how stupid that was. I stopped the video and went to find Joe.

"Hey, you finished the video?" he asked. I handed him his camera and my laptop. He helped me edit out little parts and put it together well, "This is much less embarrassing than my first video,"

"Really, because I think closing with 'I'll give you an Addy Cake,' is pretty embarrassing," I raised an eyebrow. He laughed,

"Okay that part is kind of embarrassing," he noted. We continued editing the video and it came out to about ten minutes long. He put it on a USB and I uploaded it to my channel. Joe got on his phone and tweeted about my channel. I got on my twitter too. My followers had skyrocketed after getting to know Joe well. I tweeted that I had a channel and added a link to my first video.

"It's done, I have a channel," I said. It was late in the afternoon so Joe and I decided to order some pizza. We put on a movie and just sat waiting for it.

"So how does it feel," Joe suddenly asked.

"What do you mean?" he stopped the movie.

"Being back here," the doorbell rang. He got up and I had time to think of what to say. He sat down with the box. We played the movie but I couldn't concentrate on the movie. What was is it like to be back in Perth? It was comforting. It was fun and nice. I liked it here. It gave me more to do. Like a new experience. It was familiar but I was always getting new experiences and surprises.

"I don't know," I said. Joe looked at me, "To answer your question; I don't know," I explained. He nodded and we finished the pizza and movie, "Do you know when our mums will be home?"

"No, they're barely come home. If they do then we must be asleep," suddenly the situation got sad as though someone had just thrown a wet blanket over our conversation. My mood was suddenly down. I though mum and I would be hanging together but instead I've barely seen her through the weeks. Joe stood up and gave me a hug that I returned. He was comfortable and I was happy again. He just gave me a calming and soothing feeling.

"You know what it feels like with you," he rested his chin atop my head.

"What does it feel like?" he asked. His arms were still rapped around my body and we were still standing in each other's embrace.

"It feels like home,"