34

Week 5:

I dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt. I tied my hair in a messy bun and put some grey socks on my feet. If I was going to look daggy then I'd looked daggy in a matching outfit.

"Oh honey, no," Tyler came around the corner and saw me flicking through Netflix, "It's your birthday, get to your room. I'll help you with an outfit," he disappeared into his room as I headed to mine. He entered my room with a soft package.

"I have clothes Tyler," I mumbled from my bed,

"I was going to give you your present when the others arrived but right now you look like garbage so open it and put it on," he handed me it and I opened the gift. It was a baby blue dress. It was short cut with thin sleeves. I ran to the bathroom and slipped into it. The dress fit nicely. In the heat of the moment, I brushed my hair down and applied some light make-up. I exited the bathroom and Tyler was standing with a smug look on his face, "Do I know my girl or do I know my girl,"

"You know your girl," I gave him a big hug; "I love it! Thank you," we opened the front door,

"It's all about you, it's all about you Addy! It's all about you, it's all about you," Joe was standing in a white button up shirt and jeans. Alfie, Zoe, Caspar and Oli stood behind him. They had their hands in the shape of hearts and were humming melodiously. He sang in a harmonious voice, it was deep and soothing.

"Tyler, what is this?" I asked.

"Romantic," he swooned.

"Yesterday you asked me something I thought you knew, so I told you with a smile it's all about you, then you whispered in my ear and you told me too, said you made my life worthwhile it's all about you. And I would answer all your wishes, if you asked me to, but if you deny me one of your kisses, don't know what I'd do. So hold me close and say three words like you used to do, dancing on the kitchen tiles, yes you made my life worthwhile, so I told you with a smile. It's all about," he sang. He had his eyes closed and he swayed lightly.

"It's all about you," the others joined in the background.

"It's all about you Addy," he sang above them all.

"It's all about you," they crowded together around Joe

"It's all about you Addy," he spoke this last part quietly and looked me directly in the eyes. I wiped my eyes and sniveled. I had started crying during the performance. It was so heartfelt and touching, I got butterflies just like the first time I had set eyes on Joe. I ran up to him and buried my face in his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and we stood for a while. "Happy birthday," he said gently in my ear.

"I didn't know you could sing," I beamed once we'd finally let go of our embrace. He shrugged,

"I tried," he said modestly.

"Ahem," Tyler cleared his throat, "This is touching and I love that you guys are friends again but its someone's birthday and there are a lot of people here to greet her," they formed a circle and I gave them each a hug. They gave me their presents and I opened them. Joey and Ryan appeared. Ryan bared his teeth and stood between Joe and I.

"What are you doing here? You won't ruin her birthday," he pushed at Joe to prove a point. I grabbed his arm,

"It's fine Ryan, thank you though," I smiled to him.

"Oh okay, what are we doing today?"