Eyes Only

Daniella POV

You know what it's like... when you're asleep and you think you've woken up, but you're having a case of sleep paralysis? Where you are sure that you're awake, but you can't move no matter how hard you try. That is how I've felt for the past weeks. It's like being frozen physically, yet mentally it is a complete nightmare. Denis' life was so routined. Mornings I suffered through breakfast, I had to eat through a tube, except I was still constantly starving. All day I would have to sit and watch tv, listen to him talk, and lay in silence. My sanity was slipping so quick. The best moments were when he had to go to the store and I was left alone in peace. If I could cry I would have constantly. Though I indulged in crying everytime he left.

The only thing that could send Denis into a angry fit was tears. The bruises on my arms and torso told that story. I couldn't stop crying, I wanted to die or to go home. Whichever would be sooner. Relief didn't come till the drug was pumped into my body. Death didn't come. I couldn't even tell Denis I needed my medicine. My medicine to nearly prevent my serious stages of cancer that could always come back. Today felt different though.

"Here D..." I glanced over at him, sitting on the sofa, my hands in my lap. IV of course securely in my arm. "Let's get you a little sunlight. You're looking pale lately." He opened the curtains, my eyes glancing over to the outside world before looking back at my hands. "Aw now... let's put a smile on today. This gloomy girl isn't the one I fell in love with Danny... You costed me a lot... They're looking for us..." He raised his hand to my cheek, stroking from what I could see. I couldn't really feel anything anymore. "I won't let them take you from me..." My heart nearly stopped when there was a knock at the door. He stood and went over to the window before rushing around frantically. I couldn't move. I couldn't fight him from plunging that giant dose into the IV before grabbing the gun off the table. My heart thumped in my ears, sensation leaving as I watched everything unfold before me. He was shot in the chest and fell to the ground before an officer grabbed my face. I could hear his laughter, psychotic laughter. Hearing went away. Sight went next. Thump...Thump...

Like Denis said...Succinylcholine is a amazing drug. In proper dosage it merely causes Paralysis... some doctors even use it as a anesthetic. When handled improperly, breathing becomes impossible. Some people called it the perfect murder weapon. Oxygen stopped pumping through my body. Blood stopped flowing. My heart muscle contracted the final beat.

Gerald POV

I stood behind the police tape as they rushed into the cabin. He was shot the moment he opened the door with a gun in his hand. He laughed. I wanted to cut his throat to silence his voice. The cops rushed him into the car in cuffs. He wouldn't receive a fast route to the hospital. They would let him suffer like he deserves. My mother was in my embrace, Grady was holding Ellie. My heart stopped seeing her, so tiny and pale. I sunk to my knees, she was dead. I could tell by the urgency in the EMTs voices. She looked like she hasn't been fed or moved.

"We need a helicopter now! Get the pump!"  Like clockwork they began breathing for her with a machine. I didn't move as tears slid down my cheeks till they stared wheeling her towards the open space once a helicopter landed.

"I need to go with her! I need to go!" I yelled, pushing past the police. The head EMT nodded and looked to me once the police officer took his hands off my arms. I rushed into the Helicopter and took her smooth hand in mine. Bruises covered her frail arms and her torso that was not fully covered by her shirt. Nausea began to overcome me till I closed my eyes. "What... what is happening to her."

"She can't breathe on her own... she'll be medically induced into a coma Mr. Gillum. I'm sorry... but it is in her control when she'll wake up." I tensed and squeezed tighter, before pressing my lips to her skin. She was still warm. She was still in there somewhere. Except a tube now pumped her chest up and down. Working her heart for her while she gave into death. My sweet angel. Time moved so slow till they wheeled her away once we had landed at the hospital. I sat alone, a tear sliding down my cheek as I waited for the rest of the family whom had to drive the long distance. Dare I say I didn't even notice when they all arrived. I managed to explain what happened before laying on the sofa, staring straight ahead. James my brother nudged me before looking out the window.

"G come here."

"What... I don't wanna fucking look at the sunset bro."

"Shut the fuck up and come look." I groaned and managed to stand, peaking out the window. Tons of people, standing with candles for you Daniella. My mom covered her mouth and wrapped an arm around me. I didn't have words for this that could properly describe that moment. I took my mom's hand and we walked to the elevator, going down to the lobby and walked outside. The crowd wasn't wild, trying to get an autograph or anything. I just went along and shook hands, gave hugs, shared tears. They care so much Danny. They adore you just like I do and they miss you. People asked how you were doing. I didn't lie. I told them you were in a coma. That fucker drugged you so bad that your body didn't know how to handle it all. It was merely midnight by the time I went back inside and wandered down the halls to the assigned room.

She laid like an angel in the white blankets, tubes shoved down her throat and wires hooked up everywhere. I sat down and took her hand, still warm thankfully. Sobs once again leaving me. Gerald.... just Gerald not G- Eazy right now.

"Don't fucking go D....I can't do this without you... I'm sorry... I'm so fucking sorry. I'm sorry I cheated! I'm sorry I lied! I'm sorry I didn't call! I'm sorry you got cancer and got sick and I wasn't there!"

"O Gerald..." Suzanne rubbed my back as I gripped her hand tighter. "She's forgiven you baby. She loves you."

"I love her so much mom... Why is God trying to take my angel away..."

"I don't know sweetie... I don't know..." There we sat... Suzanne, Ellie, James, Blizzy, Marty, and Grady. Waiting for the angel to come back down to earth and wake up.