Chapter 7

Christina

As soon as I entered my apartment I felt a wave of relief flood over me. I guessed it was partly because this day was over and partly for the reason that I had escaped something that is not going to be inevitable in the future that is - an encounter with Sam.

I got to my bedroom and saw the time on wall clock, it was almost 11pm and I was craving for sleep. I quietly slipped into the bathroom and changed out of my sundress into a comfortable pair of pajamas. Then I proceeded to the basin to wash my face and brush my teeth. Once I got done with that routine, I went into my room and stood at one of the many windows my room had.

There was complete silence on the road that I could see from my rooms window, I just kept staring out aimlessly until I went to my bed slipping the covers over me. Just as I was going to sleep someone decided to disturb me.

My laptop that was placed on the table opposite my bed was showing me an incoming call from someone through Skype.

Reluctantly I got up from my bed and made my way to the chair that was neatly pushed into the table. I accepted the call without quite looking at who it was.

Just as I accepted the call, I heard a very screechy voice shouting out from the screen that I thought my laptop would break.

" Whoa there."

" Christyyyy!!" I saw an image of my best friend, Kate, her face lit up as she saw me.

She was really pretty and I always had envied her really amazing long red hair which highlighted her light hazel eyes.

"Hey what's up?" I said almost yawning.

" You din't reply to my calls or messages." she pouted.

"I'm really sorry Kay but I was really busy since morning."

"Ohh! I thought so.. I mean you wouldn't just ignore me right? Now that we're so far away."

"Kay please I wouldn't ever do that! You're my best friend!"

"Anyway, I was just going to bed can I call you tomorrow morning?"

"But it's already morning!" she chirped.

"Remember I'm practically 8000 odd miles away from L.A.?"

"Yeah we'll I'm being such a blonde." she rolled her eyes.

I laughed at her and replied "You can never be a blonde Kay! So stop saying that."

"I guess I should let you sleep.. Hmm I'll speak to you tomorrow. You seem a little tired."

"I am actually. I had a tour around Questel with Luke and also a horrible encounter with Sam" I said letting out a sigh.

"Aww baby do you wanna tell me about it? I feel so bad I'm not with you."

"Well lets just say, we both acted like immature kids at first and then when I confronted him when he dropped me to my apartment, he didn't act any less than before."

"You know what Christy, you should just avoid him. Don't get into any kind of talks with him. It will just make you feel even more depressed than you're probably feeling now." she said sympathetically.

"Hmm, I think I will. But it's not going to be that easy. We'll see what to do when I have to face him again." I said almost to myself.

"Christy, go to bed. I'll skype you after say 8 hours? You'll be up then right?" she asked hopefully.

"Thanks so much Kay. I will be up by then to answer your call if not then just ping me on my blackberry, I should hear that. Okay?"

"Yup. Bye. See you soon, Goodnight!"