Chapter 11

© books_lover

___________________

Christina

I grabbed Sam's hand and led him outside the hospital. The sun was shinning brightly right above my head and was bothering me so I shifted my position and spoke.

"What is it that you want now?" I spoke not allowing the insistent venom in my voice to show. I couldn't be rude.

Sam seemed to sigh and said softly "I just want you to forgive me, please I want you back in my life. You are the one for me and you know that. I swear I wont let you down ever from this point onwards never. I want to marry you and have a beautiful future with you, you have got to understand Christina. I know you feel the same about me, you wouldn't have responded to my kiss if you hadn't felt the same way." he took my hand in his and started stroking it gently.

I dint speak for a while, I couldn't make the same mistake like before.. but, he really seemed to regret what he did in the past. 

Can you forgive a man who cheated on you with your best friend? I asked my heart. No. But these feelings always had to come in the way. 

Inspite of all my doubts in Sam and all the hurt, I had to tell him what I thought. 

So I took a deep breath in and said, "Jus- Just give me some time to think about this. I just can't forget everything as if it never happened."

"Okay yeah sure. But don't forget I love you and I will give you as much space and time you need. Just please give me one chance to prove myself." He kissed my head and told me to wait there. 

I saw him walking towards the car parking area and then couldn't see anymore of him.

I waited there tapping my right leg unconsciously, now thinking about the children I had left inside the hospital. I had to get back soon, they needed to be given their injections on time.

About five minutes later Sam came towards me with a bunch of pastel coloured daisies. I could feel my heart melt already. 

The sight of Sam holding flowers with a huge smile on his face reminded me of the reason I had fallen in love with that charming and thoughtful man. 

My lips lifted up in a small smile. He looked so hot I just couldn't think of anything but him.

Sam gave me the flowers and my hand automatically accepted them, they were fresh and their scent was amazing. 

"I hope you don't make me wait too long because four years itself was really hard on me." he said taking my free hand and pressing his lips on them gently. 

The perfect gentleman I thought. 

I shook my head slowly and walked back inside the hospital to the childrens ward.

_______________________

The day was better after I met Sam. The children made my day. Their innocent faces were not in pain anymore and I could see happiness glittering in their eyes. 

Three nurses and me played some games with the kids and at the end of the day I was just glad that I was a doctor. 

Although it was tough to take care of so many children especially since they were all sick and needed special care. 

I was tired at the end of the day and just needed peaceful sleep. Last night had been a total mess up and memories of the past hadn't allowed me much sleep. 

Today, I had thought about the conversation Sam and I had, had multiple times and I was not exactly sure if I could possibly give him another chance.