Chapter 16

books_lover © 

____________________

Christina

Never had I ever felt as irritated as I was feeling right at that moment. In one hand I was holding about ten outfits that Kate had rejected and the other hand was occupied with my blackberry busy chatting with Georgina, my partner from the hospital as Kate tried on new outfits in the fitting room.

Lucky for me, I was allowed to skip work in the hospital, since technically Mr. Monroe owned the hospital as well as many other important buildings and small companies that could have financially fallen apart if it wasn't for his kind endeavors.

I let out a loud sigh indicating Kate indirectly I was kind of tired of holding her clothes. I swept my eyes around the room where I was standing and found a very comfortable couch.

"Ah! Where were you before?" I said to myself

Making myself comfortable in the couch, I left all the clothes that had already been tried by Kate on one side of the couch while I sat down on the other side of the couch starting to reply to Georgina's latest text.

I frowned at what she had sent, which was that she just saw Sam entering the hospital.

'Why is Sam at the hospital?' I texted back

'Srry, dunno y he's here. Wnt me chk it out?' she asked immediately

I pursed my lips worriedly and thought about it.

'Um I guess yeah... But please Georgina, try being discreet. I don't want him to know.'

Just as she sent that message, Kate came out of the fitting room looking really really amazing in a charcoal black cocktail dress.

It wasn't like any ordinary cocktail dress which generally has nothing but only black cloth and simple straight cut to the knee. This dress was way out of ordinary. It started with an embroided net at the neck which continued to the shoulders and arms where as the rest of the dress ended with plain black satin folds right about two inches above her knee.

The cloth hugged her body in all the right places which enhanced her curves and brought out her red hair.

"Oh-My-God! You have got to take this one!" I screamt throwing myself at her

"Really? You like it? It doesn't make me look fat right?" she asked nervously.

I brought myself out of the hug and looked at her in one sweeping glance, my hands still at her shoulders. I nodded my head sideways and she let out a deep breathe which she seemed to be holding for a long time and smiled brightly.

Later, while Kate was having a word with Mr. Faret I called Sam.

The phone kept going on for a long time until it took me to voicemail with a beep.

"Ugh." I muttered

I was about to call him back, when I got a text back from Georgina. 

Hurriedly, I opened the text reading it and then re-reading it, not being able to believe what it said.

I blinked my wide eyes and read it once again.

It clearly stated, "Sam ws here 2 tlk 2 the dean!!!!" 

Why would Sam want to talk to the dean? I wondered. This was much more surprising than him being at the hospital at all. I thought, he had work at the office when I last saw him that morning.

I was brought out from my deep thought by Kate.

"What's up babe? You got that thinking cap expression on your face. Anything you want to tell me?" she said smirking.