Chapter 17

books_lover ©

____________________

Sams Pov: 

(sometime before Christina and Kate arrive.)

I had just gotten off the phone with the Ben, the chauffer who was driving both Christina and Kate here and he mentioned that they would be there in roughly twenty minutes.

Just as each second ticked away I was getting nervous. Usually nervousness made me jumpy and very restless. I was pacing from one corner of my room - in the pent house - to another, trying the deep breathing technique. 

The cold metal that was clutched in my hand now felt like it was burning a hole through my hand. I stopped pacing and sat down on one of the couches facing the wide window that overlooked the brilliant coastline of Questel, looking at my hand that held my future, thinking whether it would all work out or not.

A few minutes passed, when knock on the door made me jump from my seat as if I was caught doing something wrong. 

Liam, my best friend and Christina's elder brother looked at me with a knowing look as if he knew what I was feeling. Hell that's why he was my best friend. He knew everything about me and why I did things that I did. We had a certain kind of connection that only the same blood could share. 

His hand came on my shoulder and smiled at me and I hesitantly smiled back as I fixed the ring back into its position in the box and then inside my pocket.

"What's up bro? Having cold feet already?" a now smirking Liam said to me.

"Not exactly man. Just thinking if I am going to do the right thing. I don't want to hurt or lose anyone if something goes wrong you know?" I asked softly.

The smirk wiped of Liams face as he nodded understandingly saying, "Don't worry I'm sure it won't be that bad. I mean ofcourse if you hurt my sister again I will definitely be catching your throat but I know you wouldn't do that. I trust you." he said honestly.

"Yeah thanks and I swear I wouldn't do that. Not ever. I lost her once and I realized what I had lost when she came back and trust me, Liam, I have never regretted anything as bad as cheating on your sister." I winced at saying that aloud as if it had opened up an old wound.

"Ah! This sentimental talk is killing me man.. Let's join everyone outside. I brought out a beer for you." Liam said grinning as he handed me a can I hadn't seen he was holding before.

"What would I have done without you Liam..." I said allowing the sarcasm to role in perfectly with a wink.

Liam burst out laughing at that and clapped one hand on my shoulder in a man hug and led us outside my room.

When we were outside, I saw all the people who were important to both me and Christina standing or some of them sitting either drinking some kind of cocktail or talking. 

I knew what Christina wanted when a man proposed to her when we were dating back then as kids and when I had asked Liam if she still wanted that he had confirmed it and thats when I knew I had to call all of them over here.

So here they were, my parents and my brother, Christina's parents and her brother as well as her best friend Kate- who would be arriving with her any moment now- and her parents.

Everyone was calm and collected. They knew what the plan was and had been told about the reconciliation between me and Christina. 

Suddenly I remembered what Christina had told me about Kate and Liam and so I turned my head towards Liam who was standing beside me talking to his father about something.