Chapter 14

© books_lover

__________________

 Christina

The next morning when I woke up I felt everything was just amazing. Sam had made the perfect date for us to remember and I felt like the happiest woman on this planet sleeping right there in Sam's arms in one of the suites of The Grand. 

I looked up at Sam and saw him looking at the ceiling, his hands were still wrapped around me tightly and my head was just at the crook of his neck. 

For a while I wondered what he was thinking about and then when curiosity took hold of me I decided to ask him. 

"What's on your mind?" I said softly kissing him on his jaw.

He seemed to be in a state of trance before he answered; "Just thinking about us, when we dated back then. You haven't changed." he stated, now looking at me.

"I guess not but that doesn't mean I won't in the future." I said smiling.

Sam let out a short snort and I hit him on the chest.

"What? Its true!" he demanded. His dark eyes looking directly into mine sensing the playful mood taking over.

"It definitely is NOT true!" I exclaimed effectively making my eyes widen.

"See. Not changed. Your eyes, still the same when you get mad at me." He said in a hush tone.

"Oh." I said as my eyes drooped and I looked down at hands fidgeting with them.

"Christina..." he whispered in my ear making me shiver.

"Hmm?" I replied barely able to form a word.

"Your phone, its vibrating."

I let out a soft groan and scrambled out of Sam's arms to get the phone.

I saw who was calling before I took the call, it was Kate! I walked out of the bedroom and went through the connecting door which led to the sitting area. 

"I'm in Questel baby!!!" she shouted as soon as I picked up the call.

"Really!! You're here? When did you land?" I shouted right back.

"We landed about an hour ago and I have so much to tell you! When are we meeting?" she whined. I could totally imagine her stomping her feet like a child and making crazy actions with her hand.

At that I laughed saying, "Aww I want to meet you too. Lets meet within - an hour at your hotel?" 

"Okay! Oh and lunch is on me. See you soon!" She exclaimed.

"Its on! Bye.." I laughed nodding my head and rushed to the room calling out to Sam. We bumped into each other half way to the door of the room. I let out a hiss when my hand banged into the hinges of the door as Sam steadied me on my heels.

"Sam- Ouch." I muttered as his hands caught me on the spot I had just gotten bruised.

"Oh sorry. Do you want me to get some ice for that?" He said, loosening his hold on me and checking for any bruise.

"No thats fine. It'll go away in a few days." 

"You sure its already bruising and -" Sam was so focused on the wound I had gotten, it looked as if he was actually trying to figure out if he could heal it by staring at it.

I couldn't stop a bubble of laughter to escape from my mouth as I thought of that.

Then he looked up at me with a confused face which obviously indicated to why I was laughing.