Chapter 1

"Connor! It's time to wake up!" Mom shouted from down the hall. 

"Really? I didn't realize that from the sound of my alarm going off."Connor muttered. 

"I heard that". Mom said as she walked into Connors room.

 "Sorry." Connor said quietly as he rolled out of bed.

"Hurry up and get ready. You don't want to be late to pick up to pick Riv up." Mom said with a smirk. 

"You really know how to motivate someone,Mom,you know that?" Connor said with a sigh. 

"Why do you think I married her." Dad said as he walked out of his room with his lab-coat on.

"Isn't it kind of early for you to be leaving for work,honey?" Mom said as she handed him his badge. 

"It's never too early to cure cancer." Dad said with a smile as he walked out the front door and towards his car."I'll see you guys after work!" Dad said as he pulled out of the driveway.

Once Dad was out of sight Mom turned to Connor with her eyes narrowed playfully. "Why aren't you ready for school yet?" She said quietly. 

"Well I would be if Dad hadn't distracted me." Connor said. 

"You better not keep Riv waiting. You know how she gets when you pick her up late." Mom replied. 

"Mom,Riv and I have been friends since preschool,I think I can handle her." Connor deadpanned.

 "Yet for some reason you can't seem to grow the balls to ask her out on a date."Mom retorted. 

"That hurt,Mom. Right here." Connor said as he patted his heart. 

"As if,you have tougher skin than me!" Mom exclaimed as she threw him a towel.

After Connor finished getting ready for school he hopped into his car and drove to Riv's house. As Connor pulled up he saw Riv glaring at him from her driveway. She didn't stopped glaring at him even when they pulled off. 

"What's wrong?" Connor asked already knowing the answer. 

Riv reached over and socked Connor in the arm. "OW!" Connor yelped. "What was that for?" 

"For making me wait so long! You know I like getting to school early!"Riv shouted as she slapped Connors arm again. 

"Would you stop doing that?" Connor pleaded as he rubbed his arm. 

"Why?" Riv asked. "Cause I might crash the car!" I exclaimed.

"Who cares if you crash this peace of junk?" Riv deadpanned. 

"1. This is not a peace of junk,this is a 1969 Chevy Camaro SS Tribute that I restored with my bare hands. You see this black paint? I did that. This leather? Me. This wood? eBay but I installed it. 2.If we crash when we wake up from our comas you're paying for this car to get repaired. I don't care if it's totaled. 3.If you're so mad about being late then I won't take you to McDonald's like I promised." Connor replied. 

"OkOkOk I'm sorry! Please take me!" Riv begged. "Fine,but you can only spend $10.00." Connor said as he tried to hold in his laugh.

As they pulled up to McDonald's Connor noticed a new girl from their school walking in ahead of them. While they waited for their turn to order Connor walked over to her.

"Hey. How's it going?" Connor greeted. 

"Great until you walked up." The girl replied 

"HA!" Connor heard Riv say from the line. 

Connor turned towards her and glared as she stuck her tongue out at him. Rolling his eyes Connor turned back towards the new girl. 

"Sorry,did I say something wrong?" Connor asked. 

"Yeah. You started talking to me." The girl spat as she grabbed her food and walked out the restaurant.

"Quite a ray of sunshine,isn't she?" Riv remarked, walking up to Connor with their food. 

"Yup she makes the whole room light up with happiness and good thoughts. Let's just go alright." Connor replied. 

"Not so fast!"Riv exclaimed as she grabbed Connors hand. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Uh to apologize to that girl."Connor said. 

"For what?" Riv asked. 

"Well, I obviously did something wrong...." Connor continued. 

"YOU didn't do anything wrong! SHE practically spat in your face when you were just trying to be nice to her!" Riv shouted.

"Ok, I get it can you lower your voice please?" Connor pleaded. 

"Why am I embarrassing you,Mr.Popularity?" Riv exclaimed. 

"Yes,actually you are." Connor responded. 

"Too bad." Let's go we only have twenty minutes before school starts." Riv complained.

"I'll meet you at the car. I still wanna talk to that girl."Connor said as he tossed her the keys his car. 

Riv sighed loudly and walked to the car,while shaking her head.

Connor turned around and scanned the park until he saw her sitting on a bench underneath a street light. Connor jogged over to her and sat down. 

"I thought I made it clear that I didn't want to talk to you back in the store." Mystery girl said. 

"Obviously not clear enough." Connor grinned. The girl chuckled softly. 

"Hey I made you laugh!" Connor exclaimed. 

"Good for you." The girl said, blushing. 

"What's your name?" Connor asked. 

"It's Jean.....Jean Grey." She replied with a glint in her eye.