Chapter 9

"Tony really doesn't know how to be subtle,does he?"

The team was standing across the street from Avengers Tower.

"Not at all." Jean said.

"He does have a knack for home design though." Riv said.

"If this is their home base then it's no surprise that they can't work from the shadows." Logan said.

"Have you guys met Maia before?" Connor asked, turning to look at Dylan and Logan.

"Only once." Dylan said

"She likes to keep to stay focused on her work." Logan said

"She's always had a special place for this guy though." Dylan said, nudging Logan teasingly.

"She does not." Logan said, glancing at Riv.

"Let's just get this over with I'm getting tired of teleporting all over the place."Jean said.

****

"I'm sorry but Ms. Stark isn't here at the moment." The Assistant said.

"What do you mean she isn't here?" Connor asked.

"What do you think I mean." The Assistant said, rolling her eyes.

"When she comes back can you let her know we're here to see her?" Connor asked politely

"I get the feeling she'll be gone for a while." The Assistant said, turning back to her computer.

As the team turned to go they were knocked to the ground by an explosion. Everyone began to rush to the front entrance.

"You don't think this has anything to do with Maia do you?" Connor asked

Logan and Dylan glanced at each other.

"Oh boy." Connor said.

The ceiling suddenly shattered as someone in a red and yellow iron man suit was slammed through it.

The figure slowly stood up and turned to look at the team.

"Dylan? Logan?" A girl asked from inside the suit.

"Maia?" Dylan and Logan asked.

Before Maia could react a mechanized suit jumped on top of her gripping her throat,crushing her suit.