Chapter 13

The team looked up at the school with dread as kids began to file in

"So, this is Midtown High School?" Dawn asked.

"Yup." Connor said.

As a group of kids walked past them. Maia pulled the ball cap she was wearing farther down her head.

"What you don't want people to see your face?" Dick asked.

"I've spent my whole life being recognized anywhere I go." Maia said. "If people here find out who I am, I'll instantly lose all my privacy."

"Well we're not allowed to wear hats in school,and they're gonna call attendance when class starts so you might as well get it over with." Connor said.

Maia sighed as she pulled her hat off.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" Dick asked.

"Wasn't wonderful either." Maia sighed.

"Here." Dylan said,handing Maia some reading glasses. "As long as you keep these on no one should suspect who you really are."

"Right,that makes total sense." Dick said, rolling his eyes.

"My dad flies around the world every day savings people's lives without wearing a mask. All he has to do is where glasses like these when he's at work and no one suspects a thing." Dylan said, crossing his arms.

"Anyway,Coulson said that at least one of us will be in each of Dawn and Riv's classes." Jean said.

"I can handle myself." Dawn and Riv said simultaneously.

"Coulson doesn't think so." Dick said.

"I hate being treated like a baby. This sucks!" Riv exclaimed.

"Hey, it's not so bad." Logan said, nudging Riv with his shoulder.

"And why's that?" Riv asked.

"Cause I'm here." Logan said with a wink.

The rest of the team stood with their eyes wide and mouths open as they watched Logan and Riv walk up the front steps and into the school.

"Wow." Connor said.