Fifteen.

Walking down the stone steps to where the winter wonderland marquee had been set up my hand was trembling. Normally this would be fine, I could hide them in my pockets or fiddle with something. Instead I had fifteen champagne flutes gently clinking together, sending streams of the three hundred dollar a bottle bubbly liquid down to pool at the base of the tray.

"Daisy right? I'm Becky." The over enthusiastic brunette balanced her own tray in one hand, extending the other to shake hands. I stopped walking, struggling to keep the glasses upright as I took her hand. "First time at one of these parties?"

"Yeah, it's a bit much." It wasn't a lie. There were too many shifters and the crowd took some getting used to.

"I've done heaps, the celebrities are the worst though. This crowd seem pretty tame. I did this one party for this awesome band, Taking Over Monday, that was out of control. Have you heard of them?"

"Can't say I have." I mumbled, focusing on the steps while I tried to keep hold of the tray with one hand like my coworker. This was a mistake, no one would believe I had waiting experience and my wolf wasn't helping my balancing skills.

"How is that possible? Beau the lead singer is hot, but I like the drummer better..." Becky's chatter about her favorite band carried on until we hit the marquee where pale blue fairy lights dripped around the edges like icicles. Under the tent was warm thanks to the fire pit in the center of the room and from the stage the band played Christmas songs.

"OK, so the best thing to do is keep moving. People will take glasses as you pass, and give you empties. To save going back to the main house, in the right corner there is another bar. Dump your tray and grab a new one. If Peter catches you standing still or talking to guests, he will put you on rubbish duty." Some of this had already been mentioned earlier in the afternoon when we had a run through. None of it sunk in and since I hid my wolf, she was too busy sulking at not getting her chance to rip Damon apart should we see him.

Clearly Ethan's own ideas had won her over.

Following Becky's instructions I kept walking, making sure to smile politely at the guests and gave up on being one handed. Holding the tray with two hands wasn't encouraged and after my first lap, Damon and Caprice were nowhere in sight.

An hour passed.

I knew Cody was outside the fence of the property with Jay and Ethan. They kept close enough to hear any commotion, but far enough away that they wouldn't alert any of the guards. Cody even got in Brett and Kane to help out, the pair who used to help guard the property spent most of their time over in the house that Taylor and Adam were raised it. The extra muscle could prove useful if things went south.

Connor had also bought some new equipment and he was able to hack into the security systems. It was amazing to see how intense Damon's security set up was, comforting too. Adam and Connor had a clear view to the tent, of the yards and in the house. Every now and then I made sure to head to the edge of the marquee so he could see I was still OK but otherwise, I was earning my wages.

Two hours in Damon hadn't made an appearance, yet I did spy a familiar face. Instantly my wolf stopped sulking, all my senses coming back to life and I even found the ability to balance the drinks tray with one hand. Getting closer one of the other waiters was distracting the trio with bits of pastry and meat and I could openly stare at them.