Nine.

And then he kissed me.

--

 What to do next was lost on me, so I simply froze. A part of me wanted to run, another was urging me to mimic his actions; give in to instincts I was still rediscovering.

Having him so close was nice.

Just like sleeping beside him each night was nice.

Comforting.

I took too long to react. I could sense his emotions as they passed and my wolf was more in tune to these than I was, so I felt each thing. Lust, anxiety, rejection; anger. My lips felt cold as he moved away; I don’t think I even blinked as he struggled to look at me. Shaking his head, Cody stared to go up the stairs and finally my instincts kicked in making me chase after him. He clearly didn’t know, stopping abruptly I practically walked into him as he turned.

 Now all he felt was confusion and he wasn’t the only one.

“Sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking.” He growled lowly, clearly frustrated.

“Cody, I…”

“It’s ok, forget it.”

I let him go and he went to shower, skipping dinner and going straight to bed. No one said anything, assuming it was because of the fight and I didn’t bother correcting them.

“Why are you up? You’ve been normal lately.” Connor came over to where I sat in the living room. The TV was off, but I couldn’t bring myself to go to bed alone and I was scared to be alone with Cody. So now it was gone one in the morning, and I was still up.

“Thinking.”

“About?”

“Everything.”

I couldn’t let Cody make me feel like this, just like he shouldn’t feel any of these things for me.

“Well, while you’re thinking I heard back from Ethan. He knew he was being followed, but is wanting to know who we are.”

I only nodded.

“Bianca, we should tell my family. Maybe we can bring Ethan here?”

“No. I won’t’ put any of you at risk.” It was a stupid suggestion, who knew what Ethan was like now and even Damon was following him I certainly wasn’t going to lead him here.

“Talk to them first and see what they think. We could come up with a plan together?”

Connor was hopeful and I understood why. Together; our kind generally works well together, another trait inherited from our wild cousins and I could just imagine how sitting around the dining table and discussing it would go. They kept to themselves for a reason and I wasn’t about to change that.