Twenty Two.

Dean didn't lower his gun, even though I did as he asked. Something was happening tonight and the nervous energy rolling off him excited me. It was the same as when I had been with my wolves and intruders came. The anticipation of needing to defend the territory would get the more dominant excited, anxious and it would flow through us all. Pumping us up for what ever was next.

"What's going on Dean?" My tone was pure wolf and while it could have been an innocent question, he knew it wasn't.

"Nothing that concerns you." He growled, the dominant wolf within him rising to my silent challenge.

I turned to face him, not fazed by staring down the silver barrel of his weapon and my eyebrow raised as I smiled.

"Sure about that?"

He lowered the gun, but didn't put it away. I expected more from him than to hide behind human tools and I think he knew it too.

"You're to stay inside." He turned and walked through the house, so I followed. I was about to open my mouth when something on a table stopped me.

"You can't use this house as a cage!" I yelled out and the front door slamming told me he left.

I ran straight to the mobile, clueless as to how it got there or who's it was. This was my chance to find out if Cody really was OK.

It rang out and trying to remember Caprice's number, tried her.

"What now Damon." She growled, and I froze, dropping it from my ear to stare at the device.

"It's me, Bianca."

"What? Oh honey, I am so glad to hear your voice!" She exclaimed and the rush of voices with her gave me hope. Taylor, Adam, Jay... Where were Cody and Connor?

"Where is Cody?" I lost my own enthusiasm as everyone went quiet. "Where is he? Put him on!"

"Bianca, they took him. There was an attack and he was with Connor and..."

"Who took him? Where is Connor?" I didn't mean to scream down the phone and even being miles away I could sense the change from relief to fear.

"It was Damon's pack. They walked right on in the middle of town and started to attack. They even killed two humans." The venom in Caprices' tone hit me and I fell to my knees.

He promised not to hurt them.

"We're trying to locate where they were taken, but without Connor, we have no idea what to do. I have spoken to some Alphas in the south and along the coast, no one has seen him for a couple of weeks. Most of them wouldn't go against them anyway, but it was the only thing I could do!"

"You tried Caprice, thank you." I tried to keep my tone neutral, but I was furious that was all they had done.

"Bianca, please try and find them." Taylor cried and sounds of the front door opening had me hanging up and putting it back where I found it. Sitting in the dining room, Damon soon appeared and looking over saw him drop the phone in his pocket.

"Dean told me you tried to go outside."

"What does it fucking matter? You win, I'm stuck here!" I wanted him to try attacking, the way my wolf was seething under my skin she was ready to end this. Any attachment she had given herself to was gone and he seemed to realize this, hesitating by the doorway.

"Its for the best, you'll agree one day."

"You're insane. I hate you!" Standing the chair fell down behind me, and he stood a little taller as his eyes grew dark while he frowned in my direction.