Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

I heard a whistle as I stretched my legs for track practice. I looked over and saw Alexei and his friends smirking at me while looking at my rear end. I held up the finger and walked away towards the coach.

"Okay...we got a spot for each different metre...there is twenty of you and we have five spots. Now I know some of you are here for jumps and throwing and whatever so go with Ms. Raymond if you're all for that." He said. Around eleven girls walked off. I stood waiting for him to start; two and four hundred metres were mine.

"Okay, Avril you going for two and four hundred again?" Coach smirked.

"Yes sir."

"Well ladies you have some competition. Avril is our best runner. If you're going for four or two hundred go with her and she'll set it up. One hundred's come with me." Two one hundred girls walked with him. Two stayed because they were the only ones for eight and fifth teen hundred. I pulled my straightened hair back into a pony tail and began stretching my ankles and legs.

"So...coach thinks you're the shit." Someone said. Fantastic one of Tori's minions.

"That's because I am." I smiled.

"Sure. Just letting you know...first, I am taking over two and four hundred, enough sun shine for you...second, Alexei is Tori's so just stop trying." She threatened. I pushed her back.

"First of all it's called personal space...second, Alexei is my friend...and thirdly, good luck." I smiled clicking my tongue and walking to the line up. She didn't know I could sprint the whole way...I'm a vampire baby. My sprinting skills were better than a werewolf's.

"Ready..." He said with his whistle preparing the times. I got into my stance.

"Go!" He yelled. I started off in a great sprint catching her off guard. Two hundred metres girl this was my run. I could sprint fifth teen hundred metres but it would look a bit weird if I did that. She was catching up as I looked behind me and I sprinted even faster. No sweat broke on my head from this light warm up run. I finished in seconds and I wasn't even out of breath.

"Working out, Danvers?" Coach asked.

"You could say that." I shrugged as Tori's minion came in behind me out of breath.

"Y...y-you sprinted...How are you so fast for a werewolf?" She breathed.

"That's why I am the shit." I whispered walking past her. I had a plan to play on as many sports teams as I could. Flag football, lacrosse, track, cross country, ice hockey, soccer, volley ball...everything I could do, I wanted to do it this year.

"First practice friday, Danvers." Coach called as I waited for Alexei to finish his tryout. Once he came from the dressing rooms with his friends he spotted me and said good bye to them and walked towards me.

"I guess you made the team." I commented.

"Of course." He said shaking his sweaty hair.

"That's nasty." I said covering my face with my hands.

"What was with you and Cassandra?" He asked.

"Who's that?"

"The girl at the track practice who wanted to beat your ass."

"Oh that? That's her name? She was just telling me I would never beat her in a race and I sprinted the whole way." I laughed.

"Guess she's never seen a track tournament, huh?"

"Guess not considering I'm on the team every single year."

"So...what teams are you trying out for this year?" He asked as we turned down my street.

"Lacrosse, football, cross country, ice hockey, volley ball, soccer, soft ball...basically everything."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Good because you're going to be my honorary cheerleader." I smiled.

"I'll pass." He said as I walked up to my door.

"Why? Girls think you're cute so it will be perfect. I'll get you a slutty outfit and some pom poms."

"Yes, my life time wish." He said checking his phone.

"Got a date?" I asked.

"Yes. With Tori."

"Honestly? With her? What do you see in her? She's so..."

"What?" He asked smiling. For some reason he found this amusing.

"Annoying. She has no school sense, sport sense...she doesn't have a personality. She probably doesn't even know what a personality is."

"She's hot." He shrugged.

"That's what every guy says."

"I am a guy."

"Yes but...I thought you were different and better then that...I guess I thought wrong." I shrugged opening my door.

"Avril..." He called. I closed it on him and went up to my room.