Chapter 20

Chapter 20-

Needless to say these next few weeks went by pretty darn fast. I was over-encumbered by assignments, projects, culminating and tests...all the things I missed. But when the final exam week was over and it was the night of prom, every senior was grinning. Either boys were excited by pulling dumb pranks or having their 'first time'. It was like that for a lot of girls too. They were excited that tonight might be the night their virginity is gone, or they aren't going...or being like me and going as a third wheel...

Yes. I Avril Danvers was going to Prom alone with Faith and Tyler. It was vacation week for most of our pack so every teenager in the house was going to prom. My mom and dad were moving their stuff into the new portion of the house so...I'd rather not go into detail on what might happen with them.

No I was not going with Alexei. In fact he didn't even look at me the past few months. He was going with some brown headed girl named Luna.

"I'm so excited." Faith beamed. Her purple hair was curled and piled onto one side, she had little black jet clips to pin it up, she had on a black tulle dress which puffed out at her thighs and...I can't believe she wore them but she wore silver heels that screamed look-at-me-I-am-insane.

But...she looked nice. I however had a similar dress.Tulle puff out at the thigh dress but I had a black waist sash and black little diamond thingys outline the heart shaped neckline of my dress. I wore black opened toe heels that had little purple bows on them. I saw them in the store and my girl instincts kicked in. Instead of my tight curled natural hair, I straightened it long.

After we were finished we linked arms and walked down the stairs. We descended the staircase and waited for everyone. Surprisingly all the boys were the last ones to finish.

"Oh you look so Beautiful!" My mom gushed trapping me in a strong hug.

"Thanks mom."

"Now you guys know I am taking pictures and I will scrap book them." She said getting the camera ready. Dad just stood off to the side and shook his head at moms' actions. We all stood in a line linking arms and smiled. There was about nine of us together including Faith who was human

After taking a billion pictures. Even individual ones mom let us go.

"You look so beautiful, sweetheart." My mom said again fixing my hair.

"First time you wore a dress since when? Eighth grade graduation?" Dad teased.

"Yea pretty much. I like my pants." I laughed.

'You do look beautiful, Avril." Dad said patting my shoulder.

"Thanks, pops." I joked.

"And you are pulling off the eye patch very well." Mom smiled.

"I know I am working this thing." Suddenly the horn went off and Josh yelled at me to hurry up.

"K bye." I said hugging and kissing them both.

I ran out to the limo we rented and hopped in beside Faith. We drove to the hotel where prom was taking turns standing up in the sunroof. When we got there the prom had started and tables were spread out lining the dance floor. Flowers, streamers and balloons lined the walls and some other decoratives. Some boys lined the walls along with girls on the opposite side.

"Well let's go!" Candace yelled. We all walked to the dancefloor dancing to the songs all night. I think we only paused to go to the bathroom. Talking, yelling and screaming loomed in the hall, heels clicked and clacked against the floor and the bass vibrated the floor which made my feet feel weird...in a good way.