XXXIII

It's pretty late when Lauren gets back to Keana's house and because all the lights are off she quietly makes her way to 'her' room.

She's surprised to see Camila still wide awake with a book in her hand.

"You're back." Camila says once Lauren opens the door but it comes out more like a question

"Yeah. Why are you still up?"

"Can't sleep." Camila mumbles and continues reading

And it's pretty obvious the reason why Camila can't sleep now Lauren but neither of them is willing to acknowledge it.

Lauren gets ready for bed as Camila continues to read her book.

Camila is dying to know what happened with Nick but she's not quite sure how to ask, and she's not quite sure if she wants to know.

"It was all one big misunderstanding." Lauren is the first one to break the silence

"What was?"

"My fight with Nick."

"Elaborate?"

"He was just hurt I didn't tell him about the job offer in Miami and I wasn't even sure if I'll take."

"Will you?"

"Probably. I'll make the final decision the night before I have to let them know."

"And Nick?"

"What about him?"

"Are you back together?"

"I don't think we ever actually broke up. Just took a break."

"Oh." is the only thing Camila says because what the fuck can she even say?

"I mean, it'd be crazy to break up over such a tin thing after so many months together, right?"

"Right." Camila replies

"Also, Mark told me to tell you he loves you. And misses you."

Camila closes her eyes because everything in her hurts and she just wants to forget about her feelings for Lauren.

"Thanks for being the messenger."

"He wants you to come back to Malibu. I think you should. I need some more time so I'll probably stay."

"Of course he does."

"He says he feels better when you're around."

"I know. That's what he said when he asked me to move in with him back in Miami."

"Oh." Lauren replies and Camila wonders if she still thinks she should stay with Mark "Will you?"

Camila wants to say how her answer was defending on Lauren's break up with Nick but there's no point in saying that anymore. "Probably."

"Okay. Well it's late and I'm tired. Night Camz."

Camila mumbles a quite good night before closing her own eyes too, except she can't sleep because she feels like every last hope has been crushed.

-

"Do you mind if we throw a little party tonight? Maybe like fifteen people or so?" Zoe asked Lauren during breakfast

"I don't mind. What's the occasion?"

"This friend of ours just git a great job offer for some famous German fashion magazine or something so we are throwing a party."

"I'm down, ask Camila just in case. She was never much of a party person."

"I asked her. She's okay with it." Brooke adds as she walks into the dining room