Chapter 11

Bobby screamed for Travis and Andrew as they came jolting out of their room. I was beside Draven while Bobby ran to get Elizabeth. Draven let out an agonizing scream holding his sides. Bobby ran in pushing me out with Elizabeth pulling me downstairs. The other guys were rushing in, “Stay out.” I heard Riley say as we passed him. The door was shut when we left but I could still hear the screams from him all the way downstairs. I sat with my back toward a wall the whole time. About four hours later it got quite. Heather was upstairs but she came down sitting beside me. “Have they told you anything?” “No.” “It’s not my place to say anything. It’s time that I take you home anyways.” “I cannot leave with him here hurt and my stuff is upstairs.” Heather looked at me with the saddest eyes. “I will bring you your stuff tonight.” I walked out to the car looking in the mirror one last time. I whispered, “I love you.” During the drive Heather looked at me then at the road, “Hey. I know this is new and this has to be tuff, but I have been in your shoes before going through this. He will be okay I promise. He is very strong.” I whispered, “Yeah.” My world went muted since we had left camp. My thoughts were on Draven on what was going on. Before she pulled into my driveway she said, “Please don’t tell your parents what happened. Make something up please.” “Yeah, um. I am just going to walk from here.” As I was walking home tears fell from one eye to the next. It was so hard when I had to leave him. I walked in the door while mom was decorating. “Oh hey sweetie! I wasn’t expecting you home until tomorrow evening.” “Yeah something came up so we left earlier.” “Oh okay.” I ran up the stairs avoiding the questions they would have had. It was nighttime when I finally laid down falling asleep with a lot on my mind.

        My alarm was ringing off the hook this morning. I finally crawled out of bed getting a shower. I had on jeans with my red t-shirt, grey hoodie, and my black converses. I sat down on the newly built bench waiting on the bus. I thought if school don’t get my mind off things I might go crazy sitting here. When I finally got out of school excluding my essay homework I was given walking home thinking about everything still. One of my essays was almost finished, but I had another one that had to be two pages long about Edgar Allen Poe. The cold air around me had turned bitter as I set foot in my house while the sun stayed hidden. I saw a note on the door telling me that mom and dad are going to be out late so I sat down on the cold leather chair working on my homework. I was halfway finished with the second essay whenever I decided to go get ready for bed. I laid it in the chair walking upstairs getting my pjs yet I was glancing ever so often at the window hoping he would come. After a while I knew he wouldn’t so I gave up. I ran downstairs with my blue fuzzy blanket laying out on the couch to finish my homework. My dreams started out a bit blurry but then a clear image came into view as I kept sleeping.

I woke up around three this morning on my bed looking for Draven but a big fat NO was pushed into my face. My mind started racing through the events that occurred but I pushed them out of my head. I thought to myself if I have no homework tomorrow I shall go to Bobby’s house. After dropping my things off at my house I walked to Draven’s house but his car was not there. I still walked onto the bare porch hesitating to knock but I did. A tall dark man opened the door, “Is Draven home?” The man said no in a deep rumble then shut the door in my face. I headed for Bobby’s house as a few tears tried to fall but I wouldn’t let them. On my way over there someone called out to me, “Turn around Klarissa.” I turned around in the process of gasping to whom stood in front of me.