Chapter 15

My dad nor my mother was home when I made it home. Draven sat me on the chair leaving for Bobby’s house. After he was out of sight I began my chores. I walked up stairs to clean mom and dad’s room out a little bit but before I could walk in I was frozen by my feet. I haven’t been in there for years I thought. I had finish cleaning everything before my parents were supposed to be home. The house was cold since it only had me for company. I thought about something that had been bugging me. Suddenly the house phone rang jolting me to life again. I picked up the phone as I asked, “Hello?” “It’s Draven. How are you?” “I am okay.” “Alright, I will be over in an hour or so. I love you.” “I love you, too.” I hung up the phone walking back to the living room.

        Draven came over within an hour to hang out for a while. We settled down on the couch watching T.V. and talking. I was burning up when I awoke from my bed. I scanned the clock seeing it was after six. I looked over to see Draven curled into a ball asleep.  I ran downstairs shutting the door quietly while I fixed dinner for my parents. They loved that I actually listened and went upstairs to eat. I ran upstairs having dinner plates in my hand whenever Draven woke up. After I took the plates downstairs I turned out the lights. The lights were out in my room so I took off my shirt leaving my purple sparkled bra visible to anyone then I slipped my shorts off showing my purple sparkle thong. I turned around to find Draven, but he was not anywhere in my room. “Damn him.” Slipped out in a hushed voice. I walked over to my nightstand turning on my silver nightlight. I saw a note on the table, I had to help Bobby break up a fight. I just whispered, “Grumble.” I grabbed one of his shirts sliding it on and laying down in bed. I thought as I laid down in bed that I will not fall.

        I laid down for a long time until I started to fall asleep when I thought I heard Draven come in my room. Every step I took the creature got closer to me. Its claws ready to jerk me down with its white teeth staining red. It finally jumped after me killing me. I woke myself up gasping for air when I glanced at the clock saying it was ten.  I could feel cold bitter air coming from my window at the same time I shut it.  I had went downstairs seeing that dad gave me today off, and that mom wanted to talk to me whenever she got home. Draven never called me or even visited me. Mom came home with a box sitting us down at the table. “Klarissa, you know that your father and I love you very much. You need to be prepared for what I am about to tell you dear,” “Okay,” I saw a few tears fall down her face as she started to speak, “Your father was attacked this morning,” “What?” My body went numb. “The police think it was a large animal that is running around here.” I thought to myself now Joseph is attacking my family until he gets what he wants. Tears started failing from mom’s face. “The doctors are not sure if he will make it. So I am staying with your father for a while. Draven will be over in a while to stay with you until I get back in a few days.” I sighed running my hand through my hair. “Years ago your father had something from his ancestors. He told me that if he was near death to give this to you, and that he loves you very much.” Mom hands were ice cold handing me the box. She left the room before I could open it. I revealed what was hidden in the box. A large teardrop turquoise stone with a sterling silver chain laid untouched in the box. It shined like it was the happiest day to be out as I reached for it. I clasped it on walking to my room as I stood by my rusted window. Tears fell on my face while my hand touched the stone that laid on my heart.