Chapter 5

I woke up to the sun’s welcoming shine. I stayed lying in bed thinking about last night. I finally told myself to brush it off and get ready for the day. I slipped on a green dress that falls to my knees with my brown cowgirl boots and my blue jean jacket. I was walking down the stairs whenever I heard someone else talking to my father. I slowed down to hear what it was about but I couldn’t make out the words. When I walked into the kitchen I saw Draven and my father sitting down talking. “Good Morning Sunshine,” I looked at Draven smiling, “Good Morning…” I grabbed a water taking a sit next to Draven. Dad smiled at me then started talking to me. “Klarissa, Draven is going camping in a couple of weeks. He has asked me if I would be okay with sending my daughter out with him. I told him it depends on your grades, chores, and attitude.” “Alright. Uh dad can Draven and I go shopping?” Draven gave me a funny look while dad said yes. I grabbed Draven’s arm running out the door. While we was driving to the mall he was asking me questions. “What do you think about going camping with me?” “I have never been wait. Do I have to meet your family? I am never very good at that.” He chuckled at me. “Let’s just say you will meet more than just my family.” I just looked at him funny then just shook my head off of the subject. During the shopping trip Draven and I went out to eat somewhere nice. I had a lot of fun even though we are sitting in my driveway now. I just sat there staring at the house when he pulled out a box. “Klarissa, I really like you. I don’t know how you feel about me but it’s not that I just like you. I am in love with you. I know it’s much, but will you be my girlfriend?” He opened the box reveling a silver promise ring. I was dumbfounded about the whole thing that I could only shake my head yes. He took the ring putting it on my left middle finger then kissing it before he let go. I examined the ring finding a heart with a purple jewel with my name engraved. Then beside my heart was another heart with a light blue jewel and his name engraved beside it. “I love it,” Draven smiled at me then opened my door for me as I stepped out I hugged him. I whispered, “Thank you for such a great night!” He whispered back, “You do not have to thank me. I will see you in the morning. Goodnight.” He kissed my forehead before leaving. I walking into the house heading for bed only to find it a little difficult to sleep since all I could think about was him.

        My alarm woke me up from a very good dream to go to school. “Ugh…” I ran out to the bus stop waiting to see Draven but he never showed. I glanced at my ring here and there today while at school. When I got off the bus a hot good looking guy was standing under a tree without his shirt. I walked up to him smiling, “Hello Sexy.” Draven smiled and laughed at the same time before kissing my forehead. “How was your day?” “Eh long and boring.” He held my hand taking me home, “Where was you today school skipper?” “It’s a secret.” “Okay then?” We stopped by my door when he was getting ready to say something but he stopped. He glanced at the woods then took off running full speed for them. I watch him disappear from behind the trees but I could hear the sounds of ripping. I ran inside a little freaked out slamming the door behind me. I was walking to my room whenever I heard something drop. I walked into my room not seeing or hearing anything else. There was none thing missing or broken so I just turned around getting ready to head downstairs when I saw something. There was a shadow hidden sort of from me. I heard the door bust open as I am ready to see what it is, “Klarissa!” Draven came running up the stairs as I just stood there a little lost. “Klarissa! Where are you!?” I finally hollered back when I noticed the tension in his voice. “I am in here!” He ran in wrapping his arms around my waist. Something was funny about today I thought. “Keep your window locked. I will come before you lock it.” I thought about what he said. “My parents won’t let you stay the night or even let you stay late.” He smiled at me, “Silly girl I will sneak in. Now, I am going to go before your parents pull in. Be careful. If you need me you have my number or just holler.” He kissed my cheek before bolting out the back door whenever dad was walking in the front. After dinner I sneaked in grabbing nacho cheese Doritos and two waters. I ran into my room locking the door and let Draven in before I locked my window. “Please tell me you brought some extra clothes?” He smiled at me, “Yes Darling I did.” We sat down on my bed eating chips and drinking water talking. “So what was wrong with you earlier? I mean you was like going to walk in with me until you took off running into the woods?” “Half of it is still a secret but while I was on my way back I saw someone in your room. I didn’t want to tell you because I didn’t want to scare you. I just shook my head not dealing with it while getting out my homework. Around eleven o’clock I finished my homework while Draven was almost half asleep on my bed. I turned off the computer, light, and double checked the window. I was a little scared knowing that we are sleeping together for maybe the second time. I took off my shirt to take off my bra since sleeping with it on hurts. I slipped my shirt on whenever he was waking back up. I laid down beside him curling into his bare chest pulling the covers tight around us. He slipped his arms around my body to keep me warm since he is always warm. I laid there for a few minutes before drifting to sleep.

        When I awoke this morning I was reaching for Draven but there was none thing but an empty space. I looked around the room seeing his clothes on the floor scattered around some so I grabbed them throwing them into my dresser. After I dressed I walked downstairs getting ready to catch the bus when I noticed how quite it was. It was a nice change. I am so excited for Thursday since it is our last day for about a week. I walked off the bus toward Draven who held my hand walking to the house. “You wasn’t at school today. Your grades are going to fall behind. Actually they may already be.” “I forgot I had a doctor’s appointment this morning. Sorry darling.” I was about to walk into the house when he pulled me behind him sensing something is off. I saw mom’s work stuff sitting on the table. “Hey mom?” Draven nearly killed me for speaking until he saw my mom walk into the living room. “Hi sweetheart! Who’s this handsome fellow?” “Mom! This is Draven, he is my boyfriend, and he lives right down the road from us.” Mom and he talked a little including at dinner in which I enjoyed. When Draven was walking out the door he stole a glance at me winking. I went upstairs looking out my window I saw Draven waving at me. I blew him a kiss while he smiled then took off for his house. I laid down in bed to relax some but I drifted to sleep instead.