Chapter 16

Draven came through the door looking for me. He crept up the stairs hearing my cries. He came in sitting my by red eyes, messy hair, and soaked clothes. He whispered to me, “I am sorry,” “You were supposed to protect them!” I started hitting him in the chest then I just laid on him crying while his arms wrapped around me. He whispered, “We didn’t know.” “We?” “The pack.” I sighed. A few hours passed by at the same time Draven was fixing dinner. After dinner Draven was working on the dishes when the phone blurt out. I cleared my voice, “Hello?” “Klarissa. So nice of you to answer my call. Nice try on escaping me.” Joseph’s warm welcome went from warm to cold hatred. “What do you want?” “I want you.” The phone started buzzing at me as I put it on the ringer. Draven called Bobby at his house. I had taken a shower slipping on my baby pink silk boy briefs then walked out covering my chest. I slid in the bed until Draven was in the room turning out the light while taking his clothes off. As he climb into bed I laid on top of him feeling safe and knowing where I belong. He whispered to me, “Where did you get the necklace?” “My father.” I couldn’t answer him anymore as I fell asleep on his chest.

        My body felt like an oven as I jumped out of bed. Draven was on and off my bed as I grabbed the phone. “Hello?” “Klarissa. Dad is going to be okay. The doctors want him to stay for a while before going home.” An hour later mom and I finished our phone conversation. Draven was cooking lunch when I stepped out of the shower. After I got dressed I was downstairs in the kitchen eating with him. We had been in the living room all day talking until nightfall reached around the house. Around eleven Draven had fallen asleep whenever the phone rang I ran answering it. “Hello?” “Hi honey. I am sorry for calling you so late. I wanted to hear your voice.” “No it’s fine daddy. How are you feeling?” “I am feeling okay actually. Did you like your present?” “Yes I did. Thank you.” “No need to thank me.” We talked for a little while before he went to bed. I put the phone on the hook walking over to the curtains to shut them until I saw something lurking in the shadows. I turned around bumping into Draven. “What. Are. You. Doing?” “Shh.” He pushed me back behind him. After he checked the window he came back into the bed letting me lay on him. He was so warm that I had fallen asleep on him.

        My dream did not help me much last night. I had woken up early enough to go to school, but I had two more days before I was allowed back. I watched Draven sleep-in and finished the last parts of my homework. Sometime around ten he woke up kissing my cheek. “Good Morning baby.” “Good Morning.” “What time was you up?” “I was up at the time I get ready for school.” “What did you do until then?” “I finished some homework then I watch you sleep since your head was on my chest and your arms wrapped around my stomach.” He chuckled at me climbing on top of me and started kissing me. “I,” “Love,” We both said, “You.” We kissed then got ready to head over to Bobby’s house for the day.