C8: Give it back!

Bubblegum's POV

"Where is it?"

Fionna the Human, with her freshly dyed blonde hair shoved into my face along with her angry one, screamed at me.

"The horn? WHERE IS IT, BONNIBEL?"

Gumball stood behind and to the right of us, twiddling his thumbs, whistling, his eyes darting around, rocking back and forth on his heels, and doing a bunch of other mannerisms that just screamed 'guilty'.

"I'm not giving you the horn, sweet cheeks," I patronised, patting her head and pushing her off to the side in one fluid motion. "Now, run along."

Fionna growled. "The horn. NOW."

I shivered. "You shouldn't be here," I said to Bubba, ignoring the fuming girl behind me.

"And you shouldn't be ignoring her," Bubba countered, nodding his head in Fionna's direction. "Do you know how delicate she is?"

"Diddums," I snarled cruelly.

"She had plopping depression, Bonnie! She had depression and she's literally been out of it for a day! You don't treat anyone like that, ever, you got it?" Bubba lightly pushed me away. "Now, you're right. I shouldn't be here. Grod forbid we awaken The Lich or whatever. See you 'round, Princess. Or not."

Bubba walked over to a crying Fionna, who curled up into a ball on the ground.

I sighed. "Peppermint Butler!" I called.

The little guy was next to me in a second. "Yes, m'lady?"

"Bring the horn."

He scurried off, and returned a minute later with the cornucopia in his hands.

I carelessly tossed it to Fionna and Gumball. Fionna lifted her head from her knees and stared at it, while Gumball smiled at me gratefully and walked back over to me.

"There's the Bonnie I know," he said lightly, leaning into me and kissing me.

I pulled my head away. "No. Here's the Bonnie you know," I whispered, kissing him. "I am always the one to start."

Fionna sighed. "Get a room, you two!"

Gumball looked up from me. "Sure!" he said brightly, sidling over my bedroom and opening the door.

"I didn't mean literally!" Fionna protested, but the lock had already been clicked into place and the lights had already been turned out.

The last thing we heard from Fionna was "How do I get home?"

"Stay with Finn," I called, pressing my ear to the door and listening to her footsteps recede.

Finn's POV

"Um, hey, Finn."

The hottest girl I'd ever met, Fionna the Human, was standing right outside my door in the pouring rain. Her bunny ears hung limply over her face and her skin was coated in goosebumps.

"Heya, Fionna. Whatcha doing here, in Ooo? Wasn't visiting forbidden by Bubblegum and the other dude?"

"That was before they decided to meet up for sex and strand me here," she muttered.

"Um, what?" I chuckled. "That doesn't really sound like them..."

"Yeah, well, it is." Fionna sighed and squeezed past me to get inside. "They changed after our adoptive siblings' deaths too, you know. All of Ooo and Aaa did."

A single tear rolled down my face. "I knew that, but did you really have to bring it up?"

She sadly smiled at me. "You're sweet, Finn the Human. I can see why... I mean, I get why you're her knight in shining armour."

"Finn! Finn!" BMO's robotic Korean voice called out through our treehouse. "Finn, you want to play a video game? You too, Fionna!"

"How do you know my name?" Fionna asked curiously.

"Your BMO and I merged memories! Now your BMO knows Finn, and I know you!"

"I'd love to play, BMO. What do we have?" I asked.

"I spent two years on this one. It is called Fairytaler. It is a two player game that uses stories from before the Great Mushroom War! Stuff written millenia before the human race died out!... almost. I found them with NEPTR's help, while you were depressed. Would you and Fionna like to play?"

"Yes, BMO, of course!" Fionna and I exclaimed. We picked up the controllers.

"Oh, no, it is not that kind of game. I will zap you in! It is not dangerous like the other one." BMO pressed his orange button, sending us into his main-brain-game-frame.