C10: Cinderella Part 2

When my vision next returned, I was scrubbing dishes, still, but I was about eighteen. This time there was no cutscene, I just went straight into the game.

"You have one minute to finish those dishes, Cinderella, then you've gotta get Flara and me ready for the prince's party tonight!" I hear Bonnibel call.

Quick as lightning, I washed, rinsed, dried and put away the rest of the dishes, before sprinting into Bonnibel and Flara's room.

"What do you want me to do?" Cutscene-me asked.

"Put our dresses on us!" Flara screeched. "Now!"

Obediently, I help the girls put on their magnificent ballgowns and high-heels, before putting their makeup on and rushing out of the room, into Dad and the Ice Queen's room.

"What do you want, Cinderella?" The Ice Queen snapped, putting on a pair of crystal earrings.

"Can I come with you?" I begged.

"Absolutely not!" the Ice Queen shouted. "You're too ugly. You'd embarrass us."

I sighed dejectedly, nodded, and walked out to the back, sitting underneath my special tree.

"I wish I was pretty. I wish I had a nice gown, a nice hairstyle, nice shoes... I wish I was so pretty, no-one would recognise me."

I heard the rest of my family leaving for the party, taking with them all my hope of going to the ball. As soon as they were out of earshot, a dress landed at my feet.

It wasn't one of my sister's dresses. Nothing they owned was this pretty.

It was a silvery-white dress with what appeared to be sapphire crystals embedded in the base, in a pattern stretching the whole bottom edge.

I smiled to myself and ran upstairs, stealing Bonnie's silver hairbrush and Flara's curling iron. I dashed into the bathroom and quickly turned my hair into a princess hairstyle. I then lathered my face with makeup until it was perfect, with no blemishes, dimples or freckles. Finally, I changed into the dress and stole a pair of silver pumps from the Ice Queen. Then I quickly walked to the ball as fast as my feet would carry me.

"Oh my gosh!" I heard Flara call in her manic screech. "Look... at... her! That chick over there! She looks like a foreign princess!"

I grinned happily and made my way over to the four. "Why thank you!" I put on my best English accent. "I am from England. In fact, the queen's niece!"

"Didn't know the queen had a niece..." Bonnie whispered suspiciously. "What's your name?"

"I'm Fionna!" I said with ease. "My name is a Celtic feminisation of the name Finn, which means 'fair'."

"How perfect!" Flara gushed. "The prince's name just so happens to be Finn!"

My heart dropped into my toes. "Seriously?" Well, that's just a big bucket of...

"Hello, girls," a sexy voice said from behind me. "I'm Finn. You three are, by far, the fairest three women in this whole party. However, I must see this fair maiden's face before I decide who shall be my partner..." He laid a hand on my shoulder.

Slowly I turned to see none other than Finn standing regally in front of me. "Fionna?" He mouthed. I nodded.

"So, who'd you pick?" Bonnie enquired.

"This beautiful woman has stolen my heart. She shall be my partner."

With that, Finn led me onto the dance floor. "Hey there, cutie," he whispered to me as we waltzed slowly.