C22: Illusions

Marshall's P.O.V.

The kiss lasted only a second, but the second was slowed. I know it's cliche, but time seemed to freeze as we moved against each other, our lips slotted together like two jigsaw pieces.

Then she pulled away, smiled, and left the cabin. I was alone with my thoughts, thoughts mainly of her.

I didn't notice the green fire until its heat became apparent.

"Marshall..." the familiar voice whispered. Suddenly it was cold, freezing. The fire was cold as well, and I had to find heat. Some kind of warmth.

Flame Prince appeared in front of me. Well, when I say Flame Prince, I mean the thing that used to be Flame Prince. His flesh was grey, and some of it had started to peel off on his right temple. His eyes were the opposite of mine - coal black with bright green irises. They were fixated unblinkingly on me.

I couldn't move. And it was cold... so cold...

My mind went blank. I collapsed to my knees.

"Aren't you cold, Marshall?" Flame Prince murmured, his voice dripping with malice, betraying his smiling face.

"Y... yes..." I stuttered through numb lips. "F-f-freezing..."

Suddenly the cold stopped as quickly as it had started. Warmth spread from my chest, from my heart...

My mouth dropped. A string of drool started to fall from my wide lips.

I was saving Fionna. That's right. She was dying. The Ice Queen... froze her, right? And her clothes were drenched, so I... had to remove them to warm her up. And... I... I love her.

What I was seeing felt too surreal, too vibrant. But it had to be real. She was warm. So warm as we lay next to each other.

Why... why was she warm? She... she just got out of ice... maybe she was embarrassed? I was caressing her naked body, after all. And then she moaned as my lips found that sensitive spot on her neck... This had to be real. It was too realistic to be a dream.

The Lich Prince's P.O.V.

Now that I've possessed Marshall and occupied him with a nice illusion, I can finally kill all of Ooo.

I existed outside of time. I could go whenever I want. Backwards, forwards, anywhere along Ooo's timeline. I was the Lich they saw in Ooo. Not an alternate version of my mother.

And now I had the powers of a vampire demon, too. What more could I want?

I raced out of the door, snarling. I morphed into a giant bat and swooped away into the night.

Marshall, Illusionary World

"Hey Fionna, wanna go adventuring?" I asked, my arms wrapped around Fionna. Her sweaty hair clung to my sweaty chest.

"Nah. Let's watch a movie." She walked over to the TV and picked up a video tape, reading the label. "How about, the Illusionary World? Apparently it's a really good play."

"Um, sure..." I mumbled, trying not to stare at her naked breasts, or her bruised hips from where my fingers were...

She put the movie into the video player and wandered back to me.

"If you'd like..." the girl whispered. "I'll take you to a special place in town. A place where... all your wishes come true."

Fionna and I snuggled up together.

Yeah, so what if it's just the play from Clannad?