C15: Flameball Finnceline and Flamonna! Part 2

Marceline's POV

After putting things right with Marshall, I floated around for a bit, singing whatever words came to my mind. I think the whole song went like this:

"Puppies are adorable...

Kitties are too...

But nothing makes me feel happier...

Than seeing you...

Seeing your hair

and your clothes

and your perfect little nose

From your glowing little hat to your tiny little toes..."

Wait... where did hat come from?

I sang some more to figure out what I meant by hat...

"I'd follow you anywhere...

To the ends of the earth...

And I'd follow you back...

To your cute little hearth...

I think you're hot, you know...

And if you like, we could go...

On a date, and then we could mate...

Have little Finn-Marceline children...

I love you, Finn."

Well, that settles it. As LSP would call it, FinnCeline. Sure, why not?

Turns out I didn't need this whole world swap thing to find my one and only. He was there this whole time. Finn the Human, Marceline the Vampire Queen... I had to tell him. Right now.

Without noticing it, I started floating right towards Finn's treehouse.

**

I knocked strongly, three times. "Finn, you in? You decent? I don't really care if you are..."

"Coming!" I heard him call. There was some bumping and crashing, then he opened the door. "Yo, Marcy. What's up?"

I shrugged. "You know, just... hanging."

Finn smiled. "Well, come in." I stared ahead determinedly, trying not to focus on his bare chest. Over the years, he's grown some nice abs.

I relaxed above the couch. "You got any food?"

"Yeah, I think I got a red bell pepper in here somewhere..." Finn rummaged through his fridge, finally pulling out a slightly squished bell pepper. He tossed it to me carelessly. In fact, if it weren't for my vampire reflexes, it would have landed on the floor. Luckily, I did have vampire reflexes, and it landed squarely in my palm. I brought it to my lips and poked my fang just past the surface of the skin. Then I sucked slightly, draining the pepper of its colour and turning it into a grey squishy shadow of its former self.

Dramatic, I know. But what are you going to do about it?

I tossed the grey splodge aside and lay back in midair. "So, Finn, how are you and Fionna going?"

"We broke up," Finn said through a mouthful of spaghetti. "We just thought, well... we were too alike to ever be together. So... I'm single."

"Me too!" I cried without thinking. "I-I mean, Marshall and I... we never even talked. We just kissed and groped and... well, we did have sex once, but... that's kind of what broke us apart. It didn't feel right. No magic."

"Ah." Finn didn't really want to know about my sex life, so I stopped talking.

He brought over two bowls full of a mixed assortment of apples, strawberries, cherries, chilli peppers and bell peppers. Then he went back over to the kitchen and came back with another two bowls full of just pasta sauce. Tomato pasta sauce. His had nachos in it as well, though.