Epilogue: History

Marshall's P.O.V.

I didn't know where the knife landed at first. I didn't hear anything except for a few gasps.

But Fionna's horrified look said it all.

I keeled over, hearing the Lich Prince chuckle loudly. It morphed into a cackle, then a rasping hysterical laugh.

"You happy now, Fionna?" he taunted. "You happy now?"

Fionna's breathing was laboured. But then she stood. "Yeah," she admitted. "I'm happy."

She procured a vial from behind her back. "Surprise, motherfucker," she muttered, flicking the vial at the Lich. The white goo splattered all over his chest, and he was sent convulsing on the ground.

As we watched, skin grew over his skeleton. Eventually, we were looking at the human Flame Prince. But it didn't stop there. Flame Prince suddenly sprouted two gems on his forehead and on his chest. Then his skin caught fire.

Shakily, he stood. He was back to normal.

Then my vision went dark. I could hear screams of "Marshall!" in the distance, but soon my hearing conked out as well.

***

My eyes opened to find Fionna's smiling face. Her skin was grey and she had two bite marks on her neck.

In the background, I saw Marceline. She was missing two bite marks, her skin was... skin-toned, and she sat on Gumball's lap, passionately making out with him.

Flame Prince and Bubblegum were doing the same thing, but Bubblegum looked different. Pink flames enveloped her body. No, her body was pink flames.

As for Finn, he, too, was flaming. He and Flame Princess were shooting flames into the sky, laughing and talking animatedly.

My eyes flicked back to Fionna. "Two weeks," she whispered. "Everyone sorted out their relationships. Bubblegum made herself and Finn some fire potions. They're fire elementals now. As for Marceline, she's going to the Nightosphere this weekend to become a vampire again."

I smiled. "I don't really give two shits right now." I pulled her lips to mine.

1 Month Later

"Marshall," Fionna ran in through the door to the treehouse. "Guess what?"

"What?" I asked.

"Gumball finally took Lava Princess out of me. He disabled her powers and... well..." Fionna stepped back.

I had to rub my eyes twice.

The stretchy cat rolled her eyes. "Yeah, it's really me, ya moron. You take good care o' my Fionna baby, 'kay, vampire boy?"

I nodded.

"And there's... one other thing." Fionna hesitated, then spoke. "Marshall, I... I'm pregnant."

***

Fionna walked out of the kitchen, wiping her hands on a teatowel. I grabbed her around the waist, smiling at our son.

"And the rest... is history," I finished, pecking my love on the lips.