Not Alone

(Name) was simply annoyed and let out a frustrated sigh. She was getting tired of all of this.

Why did it have to be her, there were plenty of people. And her thoughts drifted to Zeref, she honestly had no idea what to make of him. He was smart and kind of good looking.

'Wait...  Why am I even thinking this. No matter what happens if I were to fall in love. People would die if I do.' Even to herself, (Name) felt as though she was trying to convince herself. The female opened the door, walked inside and closed it behind her. And she slowly sunk on the floor, her hands on her hair.

'Maybe I should go talk to him. It would get this load of my head. But what would I say? - Hi, I am a hybrid who has a gigantic prophecy on my head?'

She slowly chuckled. That would be funny. So, (Name) stood up and straightened her dress. She was going to see Zeref, he at least deserved an explanation.

As she walked to his room the entire building seemed abnormally quite. The female couldn't hear a single sound. She brushed it off as her mind playing tricks on her.

Then she saw it, a sight that made her so disgusted she felt like puking.

On the ground were the bodies of students. They didn't seem to have been attacked physically, as there were no bruises, it seemed to her that there was some dark magic being used.

"You're right about that. It a dark magic. It seems somebody pissed Hades too much," Her eyes widened, no..... This wasn't happening. 'Zeref'

"Funny, isn't it? The first person you think of is Zeref. Out of all the people." Said a certain raven haired man.  "I don't have time for your nonsense, Chaos, where is he?!" She practically shouted, surprising him.

"Go straight you'll find him." He said, a bit serious. She ran, surprising Chaos. The blue haired male paused for a moment and smirked to himself, he was going to see war sooner than expected. And instantly flew with her.

(Name) ran so much that her breath grew ragged, and she saw him and took a step back. His eyes were dark, as if he had lost the will to live. Never in her life had she seen such harrowed eyes.

"Z.... Zeref?" Doubt laced her voice. Was this really the Zeref she had met a few days ago? What had happened to change him so much? Was it her fault? Questions swirled around.

His eyes widened as he saw her.

"What have you done, Zeref?"

"How are you alive?"

"That's for later, did you do this?"

"..."

His silence answered her question. "Ankhseram.....?!?"

Zeref smiled at her. Not the one he had greeted him with when they had first met, a sad one, as though he had seen all the horrors the world had to offer.

"I'll most probably live forever" He said, as a few tears escaped his eyes. His strong composure fled.

She came close to comfort him, he pushed her away. A small stab followed. "Do you have a death wish? You know about the curse and still......"

"Forever sounds really lonely, doesn't it? Say, I'll give you company. I've got all the time in the world," She stared at him with the same sad smile. "You and I are alike in many ways."

Then she held out a hand for him to bold.

Somehow without realizing it, he collapsed onto the floor, tears gathered at the corners of his eyes.

"You are not alone."