Closer

Chaos materialised outside the cave. He had escaped the celebration successfully, yesterday. It was fun but Chaos had felt like he was invading their privacy. He didn't even read the girl's mind to know what had happened after he left.

"Hey, (Name)!" The blue eyed male shout at the female, who was carefully pouring something with something in a test tube. When she heard the call, she became startled and the tube dropped on the ground.

"Shit, Chaos, don't startle me like that!" the female shouted in surprise.

Almost instantly as if on cue, Zeref appeared from behind the giant contraption. "You alright?" Zeref asked worriedly, he came close to her helping her to pick up the broken shards if glass. He flicked her head, "Be careful, you idiot, you could've been burned."

Chaos narrowed his eyes, They seem closer than yesterday. Did something happen. He wondered. Oh my god, did my otp come true?! YES! Wait, let's not get ahead of ourselves, how will I find out? A sly smile made its way to his face and his eyes sparkled mischievously. Chaos carefully approached her, a hand on the females shoulder, she didn't mind but Chaos saw Zerefs eye twitch. "Are you okay, Sweetie?" The blue eyed male asked sweetly.

"What do you want, Chaos?" (Name) instantly asked. "What are you upto?"

"Nothing," He said innocently. "So.... After I left yesterday..... Did something happen?" This made an instant reaction on the new couples face. The females cheeks were on fire and the male was slightly smug, it was clear he was thinking about the conversation they had had a few days ago.

Flashback Time!!

"You're being painfully obvious."

"About what?" The male protagonist asked.

"Oh you know full well what I'm talking about," He said all smirking and smug.

"I thought she made it obvious that she's not getting on the dating train. She has strong magic, she might not notice it, but I have. Is it that power you want?" The blue eyed male stated holes into his skull. "She's powerful and incredibly strong willed and selfless. If for one moment you think that (Name) will fall for your-"

"Okay, one sec. Chaos are you drunk or something? Do you even know what the hell are you saying? Taking her power- you crazy?" Zeref asked a bit confused at the shit the primordial was saying and also, admittedly, angry at Chaos. Not the wisest move to be angry and the creator and destroyer of the Universe but you can't blame him.

Chaos shook his head, "I'm just warning you, Zeref. You'll get your heart broken if you love her,"

"Well, thank you for the warning me but I'll be fine."

Flashback over...

"W-Why do you ask?" She asked turning into a tomato and stuttering.

Chaos smiled, a bit happy for the couple. "You just seem a lot closer than earlier."