Demons (Or was it robots?)

(Warning, swearing and minor violence will be present in this chapter.)

Shiro stared down the beast with the intensity of a thousand black holes. His eyes were locked on the armadillo's forehead, where the purple mass of dark qunitessence almost seemed to beat like a heart.
On his right, Keith balanced the sword in the red lion's maw, ready to deal damage.

"Shiro, what's the plan?"

Shiro looked at the large pile of rubble behind Voltron. An idea sparked in his head.

"If that violet crystal is it's weak spot... Then yea, this could work... Hopefully."

"Guys, it's head has to be its weak spot, that's why it tucks it in when it rolls. We wait for it to charge again, dodge, and let that oversized rat hit the rubble. Then we go for the kill, got it?"

"Aww Hell yea!"

"Yup"

"Let's do this!

"Ah pretty sure its not a rat, and I really hope this works!"

Lance and Hunk backed Voltron's stance again, ready to dive. The beast grumbled a low earthy growl, and made it's move. With a tuck and a roll, it barreled toward the robot once again.

"Steady...Ready..." Shiro muttured.

The creature was spinning at high speed, intent on demolishing the team.

"NOW!" The black paladin yelled.

Voltron dove into a barrel roll to the left of the rubble pile. The creature rammed headfirst into the rock. It let out a howl of pain as it unfurled and rolled over, almost flopping onto the ground.

"Keith now!"

"Got it, let's finish this!"

Mid leap into the air, Keith brought the sword down in a slash, the blade landing right onto the beasts crystal brain. The mass cracked slightly in half, but didn't shatter. Purple oozed out and began to spill over the monster's head. It let out another howl of agony.

"Fuck yea a direct hit!!"

"Lance! Langauge!"

"Seriously Shiro?" Pidge muttured.

Nobody noticed the beasts tail fast enough. It swung powerfully, landing a direct hit onto the robot's right side, sending it flying towards another rock pillar that curved outward from the moons surface. Voltron slammed into its base, causing rocks to slide down onto it, pinning the robot's arms and right leg under boulders.

"Guys we can't move what are we gonna do?!" Hunk yelled.

He tried moving Voltron's left leg. It kicked upward, free of the rubble, but couldn't reach the other boulders.

"I don't know but we gotta move fast!" Keith exclaimed.

The beasts scales stood on end, aimed at Voltron's exposed chest. Yet, right as it was about to fire the final blow, blue plasma bolts glanced off the side of the armadillo's face. It growled in fury, turning towards the castle.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

Allura, Nara, and Coran watched in dismay at the Paladin's position.

"Coran, distract the beast with the plasma blasters, quickly!" Allura yelled.

"Alright princess, here we go!"

Coran fired the blasters directly at the beasts head. The action only seemed to annoy the beast even more. It turned on its haunches, facing it's new foe.