Can I Help?

Pidge was walking down the hallway towards the green lion's hangar. She had her hands stuffed in her pockets, and her eyes followed the lines on the floor, deep in thought.

"I need to find them... Please maybe Nara's data can give me just one clue!"

She thought back to the videofeed that Shiro had covered her eyes during. Pidge was very intelligent, it'd take a lot more than a hand to stop her from deducing what happened in the video.

"That could be happening to dad and Matt..."

"Pidge, wait up!"

Pidge suddenly perked up at the sound of someone calling her name. She turned to see Nara jogging towards her.

"Oh hey Nara, what's up?" She questioned as the woman came to a stop next to her.

"Oh ah well, you see, I was just wondering if you were alright, you seemed pretty somber during dinner." She responded, looking down at Pidge with worry.

"I've already told everyone I'm fine, can't they just leave it alone!" She snapped a little too harshly.

A hurt expression shadowed Nara's face for a second before turning into worry. It made Pidge regret snapping.

"I-im sorry I didn't mean to..."
Pidge said sheepishly, unable to look at Nara's face.

Nara sighed and kneeled down, placing a hand on Pidge's shoulder.

"I know what you're thinking, you're worried about them, about what the Galrans are doing to Sam and Matt."

Pidge met Nara's soft gaze with a look of shock, but Nara continued anyways.

"I can at least give you this reassurance Katie. I was tested for a long time in that place. Many many subjects went through those halls, and I saw no traces of humans within their labs, not once. They're alive in the work camps I just know they are, and we will find them." She said reassuringly, finishing with a smile.

Pidge began to sniffel and returned Nara's smile with an even wider one. She almost tackled Nara with a bear hug.

"She's right, they're alive they have to be..."

"Thank you, thank you so much you have no idea how much it means to me to hear that..." She muttured shakily into Nara's shoulder.

Nara returned the embrace, softly carressing the girl's hair.

"Anytime Katie, us girl's gotta stick together right?"

Pidge chuckled, and shifted away from the woman.

"I'm going to go analyze the rest of the data from your back, I'm sure it will give me information I need"

A wide smirk covered the green Paladin's face.

"Okay sounds like a plan Pidge!" Nara gave her a high five.

"If a lie will keep her spirits up, then I'll just have to play devil's advocate...
I rarely remember leaving that charging room, only the memory of the arena, at least there weren't any humans there so maybe it's not a complete lie after all..."

With renewed determination, Pidge turned and ran down the hall into the hangar.

.     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .     .   

Hunk was cleaning dishes when Keith and Lance walked by the kitchen. Hunk couldn't quite put his finger on it but they seemed... Different.

"What are you guys up to?" Hunk questioned while scraping at dried goo gunk.