Too Late

Pidge gazed between the Galran and and the red paladin, who was now rendered catatonic.

"That's... Impossible, you two are difderent species! You're lying!" She exclaimed.

Thrace shook his head.

"I know it seems improbable but it is the truth. Kefkon... Keith, my name is Thrace, and I can give an explanation-

Footsteps and shouts began to echo down the hallway. Thrace paused and turned looking into the cell bay, where the Evescians were crawling out of the facility through the ventilation.

-but now is not the time."

Keith stood frozen, not knowing what to do. His head spun with a million questions.

"He's lying... but the knife? And how does he know about me being an orphan? It's impossible... I'm human... Right?

Memories began to swirl out of the pit of his darkest thoughts. His hand, when it had turned purple during his battle with the druid. And the fight... The fight with Zarkon...

"You fight like a Galran." a malicious voice whispered in his memory.

"No... It's impossible..." He wimpered.

All of a sudden, a loud CRACK sounded through the air. Thrace fell in an unconcious heap. Keith looked to see Pidge standing behind where the commander had just stood, her beyard held up in her hand.

"Why did you do that?!" He exclaimed.

"Because he's filling your head with lies and we need to focus!" Pidge reasoned.

The guards voices got louder.

"Cmon we have to go now!"

Suddenly, Coran's voice crackled online.

"Paladins, for a moment I lost connection, but you must leave now, the guards are on high alert and have found Nara and Lance!"

Pidge took Keith's hand and led him out into the hallway. Once they were crossing the bridge, blasterfire began to follow. Keith's vision was going in and out of blurriness as he sprinted with the green paladin.

"Am I... A Galran?..."

.     .     .     .     .     .      .    .     .     .     .     .

A bit earlier...

Nara swore again, slamming her hand down on the consol as the screen blipped red again.

"Man I really should have taken Pidge..."

She glanced at Lance, who had his beyard pointed out the door.

"Coran, for the last freaking time, I DON'T understand Galran writing!" She seethed, turning back to the screen.

He had attempted to walk her through a shutdown proccess, but she kept getting the strange lettering mixed up. She heard Coran sigh in annoyance over the comm.

"Well slamming on it sure won't work! Just try again!" He commanded.

"Uuuh Nara, we may not have time for that!" Lance warned.

Nara turned and activated her quintessence as fast as she possibly could. She did so just in time for a bolt to be absorbed inches from her face. Lance dove behind her, putting away his small arm shield.

"What now?!"

Nara looked from the Galrans to the generator. She shook her head, and an idea came to mind.