Chapter 10

Chapter 10

My stomach wrenched. My heart raced. My vision began to blur. I couldn't be the reason for this girl’s death. I could never live with it. I have to restrain myself from vomiting. "I didn't...I didn't hurt her that bad. I warned her. I helped her. I was giving her tips!" I said; the tears I tried to hold back are welling up in my eyes.

"Which humiliated her more!" he yells. I hear someone groan from the other side of the room

"She started it! She threatened me! She put her hands on me! And my brother! You don't just go messing with just anyone! You don't know what they're capable of!"

"Oh we all know what you’re capable of Lizzie. Murder!"

"Murder!? I did not kill your sister. She killed herself"

"You are just as much as responsible for her death as she is her own."

"No. Your wrong. Okay I got in a fight with her. Yes I won that fight. Yes she was humiliated and switched schools. Was she bullied?  Probably. I wasn't there. Did I mean for it to happen? No! Did I put those blades to her wrist? No! Did I even want to fight her? No. I told her that, and there is video proof. I'm sorry what happened to your sister, but I did not kill her."

"You know. I spent 2 years plotting out how I was going to get revenge on you. Was I going to humiliate you, Beat you, and push you to your own suicide? I could never work out a perfect scenario. When I was kidnapped, I was afraid. Not for my life, that I wouldn't be able to live out my sisters request. Then I saw you, on the monitor when we were locked up in that room. Dead, I was relieved. But then your little boyfriend brought you back and so now, I have to think about a new way to get you. And don't worry. I think I know the exact thing I'm going to do" he smiles
Tears fall from my eyes. Jordan wakes up and starts to stretch. Alex is an awake again too and walks over to us. He sees me crying and looks at Moby.

"What did you do?" he yells

"Mind your own business" He snarls at him. By this time Jordan is walking over to us. I get up and meet him before he gets over to Moby.

I hug him tight around his body and start balling my eyes out. My one black eye hurts as I push a tear out but I can’t help it. Jordan hugs me tight, we go back to our corner and I cry, harder than I have ever cried before. He whispers a lot of stuff to me but crying too hard to hear.

"Hey, Hey, calm down Lizzie. It’s okay, I'm here. I got you" he tells me as he rocks me back and forth. After a while I'm still crying but not as hard. He tilts my head up towards his. "What did he do? What did he say to you to make you so upset" he asks, his voice is shaky

"Jordan" I say trying to control myself. "I love you." I'm wiping my eyes now, "I... I don't want to die Jordan." the tears are welling up again. I bury my face in his chest "I don't want to die." I keep repeating.

"Lizzie looks at me." he says pulling my face to look up at him "You are not going to die!" he says "Don't say that. Don't believe that." he says. He’s rocking me back and forth again. "What did he do to you? Hmmm? What did he say that made you so upset?" his voice is shaking.
I slowly tell him about what happened. He kisses my forehead and doesn't say a word. It takes him a minute then he whispers to me "You did what you had to do. You are not responsible for her death. Moby just wants someone to blame. Do not believe him." I just nod my head. "Your overloading your brain right now. Why don't you take a nap? I'll wake you if needed." he whispers to me

"No. You might go over there and beat him up"

"I'll stay right here. I promise."

"I still don't want to sleep. I feel like that's all we do around here. Is sleep"