Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Today is the day I get released from the hospital. I have to wait for my mom finish with some errands before I could leave. I guess she had to pick up some antibiotics and stuff for me before I got home.

The doctors teach me how to use the crutches, although it was pretty self-explanatory. After that Jordan and I had some free time.

We spend most of the time watching TV, awkwardly. You would think that all the snuggling and comforting we do would bring us together, but I feel like it kind of drifted us apart. If I’m not crying, were not hugging. And all of our conversations turn to dead ends after a while, so we just end up sitting their awkwardly.

But I still am going to miss him. Even though he gets out tomorrow, I don’t know when the next time I’m going to see him is. Possibly school.

School. I didn't even think about that. How am I going to go to school? My old friends, how will they react? I already know I'm going to get a million stares and a whole bunch of sympathy talks. People coming up to me trying to talk about what happened. Well, I'm obviously not going to be the only one. I have 7 other people who have to go through it too.

"You should be getting dressed. Your mom should be here soon" Jordan says pulling me from my train of thought.

"Oh, yeah. I lost track of time. Thanks"

"No problem"

I get up, leaning on the bed for support, and start putting on the clothes my mom left for me yesterday to change into. 

As I finish my mom walks into the room. 

"Hey honey. I see you're ready to go"

"Yup" I say

"Hey Jordan. How you feeling?" she asks him

"Ehh, I’ve been better"

"Yeah I can imagine"

Jordan just nods with a crooked smile.

"Alright Jordan. Well see you later okay?"

"Alright" he pauses for a second "Bye lizzie. I love you."

"I love you too" I say I walk out.

"So you love each other now?" my mom asks as we go down the hallway."

"I guess"

"You know you are still a child Lizzie. Do you know what love is?"

"No, to be honest, I don’t. But I do have feeling for him, and I guess saying 'I love you' is a way of expressing it. 

"Hmmm"

"It’s innocent mom. It’s not like we are saying our vows to be married"

"Yeah, I know, I know"

We go the rest of the way to the car in silence. When we get there. I stuff my crutches in the back seat and climb in.

I stare out of the window and notice how much I miss seeing the road. In the blink of an eye, I’m home already.

My mom helps me up the stairs to my room and I plop down on the bed. My bed, I thought I would never sleep in again. The comfort of the bed at the moment broke a scale of 1- a million. I quickly fell asleep.

I woke up in the middle of the night sweating and out of breath. I must have had another nightmare I didn’t remember. I look over at my digital clock and read 2:43

I groan and turn on my light. I hop to my drawer and pull out a pair of pajamas. I put them on try to fall back asleep but it’s useless. I realized I was starving and I haven’t eaten all day.