Chapter 12

Chapter 12

 Tears slide down my face, the pain in my side is gone now, but it has been replaced with a new pain, a pain no medicine could fix. I build up enough courage to look up at the screen again. Jordan is getting up and walking away from Sofia who is sitting there with a grin on her face. That stupid... that ugly... that freaking... ahh words can’t even explain my hatred for her right now. And Jordan, you stupid two timing...

"All done" My thoughts are cut short by Lenny

"Thank you" I say looking at my stitched up side

"Okay back down stairs you go" Dan tells me opening up the door. I get up slowly and walk out the door and downstairs. My heart races as he unlocks the library door. The first thing I see is Jordan walking over to me. He grabs me around the waist and tries to kiss me but I push him hard away from me and slap him hard across the face. He touches his cheek and looks at me in disbelief. I look at him with a frown start to walk over to Tanae but he grabs my wrist.

I yank my arm from his grip "DON'T TOUCH ME!" I scream. Everyone is staring at me

"What did I...?” 

"You know exactly what you did!" I say pointing at him with a threatening finger.

"Lizzie..." he has his arms out as if he wanted a hug

"Don’t 'Lizzie' me!"  My eyes are watering up now.

"Can you at least tell me what I did?" he looks dumb

"Was any of it true? The kissing, the cuddling, the nursing, the fighting, and the telling me you love me. Or what, was that to help you 'step up your game'?" 

"What are you...?”

"Don’t play stupid with me! You know..." I take a deep breath "I actually really like you. Love you. For years at that, and you betray me like this? making me believe you love me back then the second I walk out the room your kissing her?!" I say pointing at Sofia

"Whoa, whoa, whoa..." Sofia starts

"Oh shut up!" I snap at her

"Wait. You kissed him?" Alex yells at Sofia. She doesn’t say anything. "After all that just happened you go and kiss him?" Alex is screaming too

"Oh don’t start with me! I saw you and Isabel all hugged up over there the other night!" Sofia spats back at him

"Yeah, but I didn’t go and kiss her!"

While Alex and Sofia are going back and forth at each other I look back at Jordan. "You know what. That just goes to prove that no matter how mature you think you are, or want to be, a silly 14 year old freshman could never know anything about love." I tell him and I walk over to Tanae. She gives me a hug and I cry into her shoulder. I pull away and watch as Isabel walks over to Jordan who stands there with a dumb look on his face. Isabel looks to the side and laughs for a second. Then slaps him hard across the opposite cheek I did, leaving a red mark on his face.

"That’s for hurting my best friend" Then she pulls her leg back bringing her knee to his crotch. He goes cross eyed and falls to the ground "and that is because, well frankly, you’re an asshole" she smiles and walks away.

"Are you okay?" Tanae asks me

"I'll be fine" I say wiping my tears.

"You don't need him. He's a player." she tries to reassure me

"Yeah. I can see that now" I say with a half a smile.

"Come on" she says walking over to the other side of the room. I jump up on the table and so does she. Not too long after Isabel joins us. We talk about everything until it gets dark. Childhood, memories, family. But I can't get the image of Sofia and Jordan's kiss out of my head.

"Well I'm tired so I'm going to go to bed now. Care to join me?" Isabel says stretching

"Sure" Tanae says getting off the table. I get up and start to walk over to where I and Jordan would sleep but I stopped myself and turned around.

"There's a spot for you right here" Isabel points out. I lay down next to her on the hard cold floor. Its freezing cold and I'm shivering not even 10 minutes after I lay down.

I miss Jordan, I miss the warmth of his chest, the sound of his heartbeat, I miss his kisses... No, no, Lizzie stop. You don't need him, you don't miss him, he's a player, he played you don't you forget that. A voice in my head tells me. I finally shake the feeling and fall asleep.

When I wake the sunlight beams into my eyes. When my eyes finally adjust I see everyone is eating. I get up and walk over to Tanae

"Thanks for waking me" I say sarcastically

"You looked so peaceful" she says shoving a spoonful of cereal in to her mouth.

"Ha, yeah right. That floor was so uncomfortable" I say finding myself an empty bowl and pouring some honey bunches of oats into it that was left on the table. I find the milk that is nearly empty and pour the last few drops in my bowl.

"Welcome to my world." she says taking another bite

"How long have we been here?" I ask.

"Ten days today" she says.

"What are they planning? To just keep us locked in this library our whole lives?" she just shrugs her shoulders.

After everyone is done we gather in the center to play a game. I didn't want to go over there but Isabel dragged me by my arm. I sat down next to Isabel and Tanae sits across from us. I don't notice when Jordan plops down right next to me

"Lizzie..." he starts but I get up and walk over to Tanae and Isabel follows me.” Can't we just talk about this?" he says from across the circle.

I stop for a second. Trying not to cry. "There is nothing to talk about." in tell him walking to the other side of the room.