Chapter 26

I did hesitate a few days after he proposed. I was thinking and it all just seemed to sudden to me. We were only seniors in high school, and were getting to start our adult life, and then here comes this proposal. I talked to jordan about it, but we agreed to a long engagement, and if we had a change of heart come the time we graduate college and find a job, then we would do what had to be done. So Jordan and I  decided to get married after we both graduated college and settle in with a career, if we still felt the same about the marriage. 

We both decided to go to Santa Clara University in california, since it had a wide range of sports, so the both of us could play our sports and still be close to eachother.

We bought a condo nearby the school with the money we started saving up right after we got engagged. we moved in two days after graduation.

Isabel found a college, maybe an hour away from us, where she can study therapy and counsiling. Joseph found one a few hours away too. I think he decided to major in graphic design. Alex moved out of state to University of Minesota to study in the medical field. Sofia followed him out there, where she too studied to become a nurse. Tanae went to a community college near home, im not sure what she decided to study. She was still deciding when we graduaded. Kaitlyn decided she didnt want to go to college, she went straight into the milltary after we graduated. I decided I wanted to major in English Literature. I would like to become a writer someday. and Jordan majored in Engineering Physics.

"What time is your game today lizzie?" Jordan asks me as he walks in the room from the kitchen

"Three" i reply "Can you make it?"

"ummm" he looks down at a piece of paper, i assume its his scheduel "My games' at 2:50. Sorry"

"Its okay, cant make them all" i say, it didnt bother me much. I had missed alot of his games too.

Jordan came and sat down next to me on the couch "Why was class cancled again?" he asks as i swing my legs over his

"Some kind of emergency professor meetings or something like that"

"oh" he says, not really interested on my responce. He leans over to me, kissing me firmly on the lips. 

He runs his hand down my side, hitting my scar and I jump. 

I slowly push him away from the kiss, not wanting to continue

"Did i do something wrong?" i can see the dissapointment on his face

"No, no, its just" i hesitate, i look up at the clock "were going to be late for our games" i say getting up

"No, thants not it. Lizzie, whats the matter?"

"Im fine" i lie

"we have been together for what? 5 years? you think i cant read my own fiancé?"

"Im fine jordan. we need to get ready, before we're late"

"Screw the game lizzie,They can wait for me. You are more important. i need to know whats wrong lizzie. I need to know what i can do to help. you have been like this for a while now"

"Like what?"

"So hesitant"

"Jordan..."

"What is wrong my love? What could possibly be wrong with my future wife?" he takes my hand. I take a deep breath

"I still get nightmares, jordan. Dan still haunts me everyhere i go. I know it sounds stupid. Its been 5 years and i still cant get over Dan. its just, i cant. And my scars, how could you possibly love these hideous scars? im the outcast of everyone with this thick line that crosses my face. I cant even change in the locker room for soccer without feeling insecure about my body. About my scars. I know everyone whispers about them 'what happened to lizzie's face?' the newcomers ask. and someone on the team has to pull them to the side and tell them. as if i didnt see what just happened. people stare at me on the street, people whispering to eachother at my apperance. Some pointing as they whisper to their friends. You would think im used to it by now. That i was confident with my scars, that i didnt care what others thought of me. But im not. It still bothers me. i still cry at night. i still get nightmares, i still fear dan. i still feel like im in that library" tears are rushing from my eyes.