Chapter 28

Chapter 28

We went to Maiu for our honeymoon. We spent a week out there, taking in the breathtaking views, i even tried surfing... yeah, i failed. But Jordan got it down pretty quickly.

When we got home to our small apartment, it was back to our old college life: Soccer, baseball, and class. I wish we could have waited, especially because a month after our wedding, they managed to rid Jordans mother of her sickness, but i am also glad i get to go home and call Jordan my husband.

After we graduated college, we found a house in Los Angeles. Jordan got a job working in Hollywood. I honestly dont know exactly what he does; i know he works with the props and machines.

I am becoming an author. I have already gotten offers for the first book i have ever written a few years back. I started writing it because i was bored and enjoyed writing. I came across it recently and edited it and am in the process of publishing it.

It has been a really long time since we have graduated. 9 years to be exact, and 13 since we have been married. I know, crazy right? Time flies.

And if you were woundering. No im not over the experience that happened over 17 years ago, After all of these years. They still havent caught Dan. They have reason to beleive that he fled the country, but even with that information, i still get nightmares; not as often though. I know jordan still gets them. He tosses and turns in his sleep, grunting and sometimes even cries.

We both know when either of us have a nightmare. Those nights are the nights we hold eachother very close.

But what worries me most is the fear that what happened to me, could happen to my daughter.

Yes, i have a daughter. Shes 4 years old and her name is Jozie.

The fear that anything bad could possibly happen to her; especially something that could be any where near what we went through; drives me crazy.

Me and Jordan are extra protective of her. I could admit, sometimes a little too much. If she isnt in my sight, i panic. Until i realize shes with Jordan and it takes me a moment to catch my breath.

I was and still am very hesitant to letting her start preschool. But i figured it wouldnt be fair for me to keep her from an early education, plus making new friends.

Everyone stayed nearby; except for kaitlyn. She had to go afganistan, with her being in the military, the last time i saw her was maybe 5 years ago, when she got to come home for christmas.

Tanae got a job at a huge city bank. I beleive she is the CEO of some branch, but im not so sure. Shes in some high positon that makes alot of money.

Joseph found a job in Hollywood too. He works on the special effects and stuff like that behind a computer.

Isabel made her own offices for therapy. She is a therapist; obviously; she helps thousands in a year, she actually made it to the news once, she won an award for best counsiling system in california.

Alex became a doctor in somewhere nearby too, and of course sofia became a nurse at the same hospital.

I found it funny how most of us stayed so close to eachother. Alex and Sofia had a baby girl too, not to long after us. Shes practially Jozie's sister. Well, she refers to her as her cousin, and Sofia and Alex her aunt and uncle. She calls isabel and tanae her aunts too. And calls Joseph her uncle as well. 

-----

My car jolts to a stop as the person in front of me breaks suddenly. I honk the horn as he just sits in the middle of the road "Where'd you get your drivers licence? The bottom of a ceral box?" I scream out the window as I carefully swerve around him.