Chapter 7

Ian and I have been together for three weeks now. We were perfect and we were joined at the hip. I visited him at the studio each morning and he visited me at night. Not to mention the multiple phone calls.

I was about to leave to go help Arielle deliver some food from her catering business so I knocked on Riley's door to let her know where I was going. Lexi was here and I could hear their discussion from outside.

"I still can't believe you never told me Xander was your twin."

"I told you it was for the best. I'm the geek and he's popular! We would've gotten picked on."

I think it was my cue to knock.

"Riley? I'm going somewhere with Arielle, don't miss the bus."

"Yeah, okay!" Riley says loudly from inside the room.

I went downstairs and opened the front door to find, Xander my sister's boyfriend with a raised fist. He was probably going to knock when I opened the door.

"Hi, Ms. Prior." He says shyly and I scowl at him.

"It's Sage. None of that 'Ms.' crap, okay? Riley's upstairs." I say and let him in as I left.

Arielle arrived in her mini van and honked the horn before I got in.

"Hi,what's up, Arielle?" I greet her as we drove away.

"Same as always. Where's Riley?" Arielle asks.

"On the bus probably..." I answer not paying much attention since I was fiddling with the new phone I got yesterday.

I felt the car stop and saw Arielle get out of the van.

"We're here. Get of the phone and help me." She says and as soon as I get out of the van she dumps two boxes on my arms.

"Those are the utensils. Don't drop it." Arielle says and turns to some people who helped get the food inside.

I could barely see in front of me as I followed Arielle inside the place to a serving table. For one thing the place was crowded.

"Put the boxes under the table, Sage... Can you believe it? I'm serving food to the Vampire Diaries cast!" Arielle squealed.

"WHAT? DAMN IT!" I pratically smacked my head under the table from shock as I was putting the boxes.

"Are you okay--Hey!" I pulled Arielle down with me and we both peeked from the edge of the table as crewpeople passed.

"Why are we hiding?" Arielle says much to loudly.

"Shush! My boyfriend works here." I whisper.

"Ooh! Is he a cameraman?" Arielle whispered back.

"No, he's in there." I point to the door with a flashing red sign that said 'ON AIR'.

Arielle snorted and got up, "Please,Sage, is this more of the 'Ian Somerhalder is my boyfriend' crap?"

"I'm serious, Arielle, there are cameras everywhere and--" I suddenly stop and hide under the table when the door opens and someone yells 'Take five'.

The black table cloth covered me while a line started forming for food. I recognized some voices and thankfully no sign of Ian.

"Is that--"

I thought too soon.

"Yes, this is my real hair color. Now just tell me what you want." Arielle cuts Ian off and I could imagine him rolling his eyes.

"I was going to say that there's a hand sticking out under the table." Ian says and I quickly pull my hand back in.

The tablecloth is suddenly lifted by a smirking Ian. I felt my cheeks go red.

"Hello, munchkin, I'd recognize those tiny hands anywhere."

I climb out from under the table and Ian hugs me.

"What are you doing here?" Ian asks.

"I'm here with Arielle." I look back at a shocked and gaping Arielle.

"Well, can I borrow her for a while?" Ian asks Arielle and she manages to nod.

Ian takes me to the set where he was shooting some scenes and I sat in his cool actor chair.

"Smile, Sage." I turn around and see Ian with his iPhone camera on. I grinned and he snapped the picture.

"I'll be right back. Bathroom break." Ian says and chuckle as he left.

As soon as he left my phone began ringing. It was the FBI agent that was in charge of my parent's case.

"Agent Smith? Did you find something?" I answer.

"I believe so. We found something but it's about you."

I got up feeling uncomfortable from his tone of voice. It was cold tone.

"What about me?" I whisper cautiously.

"Why didn't you tell us you were adopted?"

Crap.