Chapter 11 [Riley's POV]

It had only been two hours after we came home from the airport and I could already hear Colton downstairs with Ian.

I was on my bed reading The Hunger Games for the thousandth time, when I heard my name being called from my window.

I open it and scan the yard, I shriek when the tree in front of my window speaks.

"Shh! Riley, it's me! Xander!" the tree spoke.

I saw Xander standing on top of a branch in the tree.

"This is so Twilight." I rolled my eyes.

Xander jumps from the branch landing on his face, probably making a crack on my hardwood floor.

"I wish you had carpet..." Xander groans as he got up.

"I love Edward Cullen, get out of here Jacob Black!" I say jokingly.

"Oh, yeah? You like the guy that sparkles more than glitter?" Xander says and threw himself on me making us both land on my bed. I was having a laughing fit as he tickled me.

"Stop it! Someone's coming!" I gasp out as I heard someone come up the stairs.

Xander hides under the bed covers and I pretend to be reading my book when Ian entered.

"Are you having a party here?" Ian walks in and looks around suspiciously.

"No, just reading." I shrug and covered Xander's hand that was peeking out.

Ian was about to sit on Xander but I quickly sat on Xander making him sit on the otherside.

"I was thinking maybe we should stay at my place while Sage is gone," Ian says with that evil smirk.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because," Ian then lifts me likd a baby in one hand as he took the covers off, revealing Xander. "You won't be able to sneak in boys."

I cross my arms and pouted like a three year old, "Like Colton isn't downstairs eating the whole kitchen!"

Ian glared at me for that one but still threw Xander out of the

house.

***

"O.M.G." I gasp as I held a picture I found of Ian in his modeling years. He was probably my age.

"Ian! This is so going on every social network!" I say as I walk into Ian's living room waving the picture.

Ian's eyes went wide, "Where did you get that?"

Ian starts chasing me around the apartment. I mocked him as the couch divided us, he then jumps the couch and catches me.

"Now you're dead!" Ian growls and pretends to bite my neck. I laugh when he starts tickling me.

Suddenly, Nina walks into the apartment like she owned the place!

"Ian? Riley?" She calls out as she walked into the living room.

"Hi, Nina!" Ian says as he let's me go. I lift my eyebrow in suspiciousness as Ian snatched the photo out of my hand.

"Be nice," Ian whispered to me.

"Hi Ian, Riley." Nina says and I wave with a fake excited look.

I followed Ian and Nina to the kitchen, eavesdropping as they spoke along the way. I climbed unto the kitchen counter and pretended to be texting on my phone.

"Thank you for inviting me for tomorrow." Nina says to Ian as he looked for a bag of chips in the cabinets.

"No problem, Nina, you need a break from work once in a while,too." Ian replies with a smile as Nina clearly was ogling him.

After an hour of Nina flirting and Ian not noticing it, she finally left. I glared at her back as she left maybe hoping I'll burn a hole in her back.

"So... Does my sister know you're taking your ex-girlfriend to the reserve tomorrow?" I say looking up from my phone.

Ian scowled at me, "It was last minute, Riley, we're just friends."

"Well, she clearly isn't over you," I say and walk up to him, standing on my toes to make me look taller. "If you make the wrong move... It isn't Sage the only one who will be hurting."

"I would never hurt Sage in any way." Ian says solemnly and I nod. I start to walk back to my room when I hear Ian's phone ring.

"Calm down, Sage..." He started talking but I didn't hear anymore as he locked himself in his room.

I have a feeling Sage isn't on a business trip.

***

This was my worst nightmare. I was in the backseat of the car on a three hour drive to the east coast of Georgia... With Nina.

I thought she was taking her own car but no, she had to come with us. I had my headphones on so it helped a little.

"What are you listening to?" I read Nina's lips as she turned around in my shotgun seat.

"Radioactive by Imagine Dragons." I reply taking the headphones of and letting it play in the car.

"I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones--" Ian starts singing and I grin.

"Enough to make my system blow..." I sang and we listened to my whole playlist on the way.

***

"Oh my gosh! It's so cute!" I squealed at a sea lion who came up to me.

We were at the marine life reserve that Ian's foundation helped fund. We were going to release some pelicans at the beach.

The sea lion came and squirted me with water in the face. I stood shocked for a moment and started laughing at myself with Nina.

Ian was on the phone with Sage, telling her what happened. After he hung up he came and gave me a towel.

"Your sister is at a pool party with Joseph Morgan and the Originals cast." Ian says bitterly and I put my hands on my hips.

"Jealous of Joseph? My sister can really rock a bikini..." I say mockingly and Ian scowls.

"I think you look better wet." Ian suddenly picks me up. I screamed and protested as he almost threw me in a pool of icy water that sea lions were swimming in.

"Ian put me down!" I smacked his back. He was carrying Shrek and Fiona style.

"Nope." Ian says. Nina giggles behind Ian as I gave up and crossed my arms on his shoulders.

Ian didn't put me down until we got to the beach to release the pelicans.

It was fun to see them fly and be free even though I got chased by one for a while.

Fans arrived at the dock and asked for Nina's and Ian's autograph.

"You two were such a cute couple! You should get back together again." A fan exclaimed and I frowned.

"We're just friends." Ian replied quickly.

"But we're together on the show." Nina says to cheer the fans.

I walk alone to the beach and sit on a huge boulder where I started to sketch the beach on my notebook.

"See something beautiful?" Ian asks, suddenly behind me.

"The beach is always beautiful." I say curtly, not looking up.

"Riley..." Ian sighs and sits down next to me, putting an arm on my shoulders.

"I adore Sage, and I would never cheat or hurt her in anyway, you know that."

"I know, Ian, I'm just insecure..." I stopped before I said something stupid but Ian read my mind.

"Riley, if Sage and I broke up--which we won't-- I would never leave you. You're already part of my life... I love you,Riley." Ian whispered in my ear and kissed the side of my head.

I blushed, "Stop it, Ian, I still have a fan crush on you." I stutter.

Ian laughs and squeezes me tightly.