Chapter 2

(SAGE'S POV)

I never expected Josh to hit me with his beer bottle so I gasped in pain and fell on the floor when the impact of the bottle hit my head and glass shattered into a million pieces all over me. I never lost conciousness though, but I could only hear a ringing in my ears and everything seemed to be moving in slow motion.

I managed to crawl under the dining table, hoping Josh wouldn't get to me but a blurr of black and white jumped on Josh. I didn't know who it was but they started fighting.

Suddenly my sister, Riley, was in front of me blocking my view, her lips were forming a word but I couldn't hear anything.

"Sage! Sage, can you hear me? Sageline!" Riley sobbed while she put a towel to my bleeding head.

"Don't cry, Riley, I'm fine." I managed to slur out.

"YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS!" Josh boomed as he got off the floor with a black eye forming.

Ian was a few feet away from him, poised for another punch.

Wait? That actor again?

But Josh got up to leave. I took this advantage and took off my engagement ring and threw it. It fell right in front of Josh's face.

"Take that with you... We're done!" I yelled at him as he bend to pick the ring up. He left the apartment and I heard his truck drive away in the distance.

Ian came and bent down in front of me, putting his hand on my head to check the wound but the blood was too much. I saw between the black specks that were beginning to form on my eyesight, that Ian had a long gash on his cheek. I touched it and tried to cover it.

"You cut your handsome face..." I whispered and blacked out for a second.

"She's losing to much blood. We have to go to the hospital." Ian says and picks me up by putting his right arm under my knees and his left arm supported my back.

I grabbed on to his neck with both my arms and buried my face in his neck, fighting the pounding pain in my head. We were halfway to the door when I whispered in Ian's ear.

"Take my car... Keys on the coffee table." I mumbled barely audible.

Riley got .y car keys and opened the car's back door for Ian to put me in next to Riley. Ian got in quickly amd drove out of the drive way.

I was on the verge of passing out but I tried to fight it. Riley noticed it.

"Ian, turn on the radio." Riley says and Ian turned it on and metal rocj cane on. I groaned. The bass pounding in my head.

"Turn it off, turn it off, turn it off..." I kept repeating while covering my ears.

"Not until we get to the hospital." Ian says and we were at the hospital in less than two minutes.

Riley went to look for help and a set of nurses came with a gurney and Ian gently placed me on top off it. Riley was next to me holding my hand as they took me inside.

"May I go to sleep now?" I complained and Riley nodded. I closed my eyes and the pain left almost instantly.

***

I blinked a few times and woke up with a massive headache. I sat up gently and was pushed down by a firm hand.

"Easy, Sage." That was Ian's voice.

I thought he was long gone by now, so I rubbed my eyes to see if I was dreaming.

I wasn't. Ian and Riley were seated beside my bedside, I was still in the hospital but I didn't have any tubes hooked up.