Chapter 16 [Ian's POV]

Thanks for the votes! And thank you soooo much for the support on this story! I can't believe it all started as a simple thought. If you guys keep it up I'll be on the watty awards next year, Lol!!!

Follow me and I follow back!

5+ votes for next chapter.

***

Sage filled a hole in my heart I never knew I had. I was always thinking about her. So this was love, I thought I knew love from all my acting career but it was nothing like the real thing.

Love actually made my acting better, like, when I had to kiss someone while acting I always thought of Sage's heart-shaped, red lips and her bright, emerald eyes.

The night we had sex was the best night of my life, though I never knew if it was hers but she seemed happy.

I've been worried sick since she got that stomach flu, puking everytime she ate or even smelled food. I was relieved when she came back from New Orleans pratically cured.

Things got strange when she started having sudden cravings. She once woke up at 3am, went to McD's, and bought two large fries and a Oreo Mcflurry. She said it was some side effect of the allergy pills she was taking in the spring.

I thought she might be pregnant but I've seen her take birth control pills so I put it out of my mind.

I had finished filming season six of TVD and the cast was having a small party. I saw Arielle, Sage's best friend, was here with her catering employees.

"Hey, Ari'!" I say with a grin and she notices me.

"Oh, hey Ian! How are things with Sage?" Arielle says with a smile.

"Perfect, I love her to bits." I say and Arielle chuckles.

"How'd it go in New Orleans with the FBI and stuff?" Arielle asks in a serious tone.

"She went with Riley but I don't understand the FBI stuff...?" I ask in confusion.

"You don't know?" Arielle looked at me the same way. "Sage told me she was receiving creepy letters and a knife from her parent's murderer so she took them to New Orleans so that her uncle--an FBI agent-- could check it out."

"She told me it was a business trip, she went twice." I say a little annoyed at Sage.

"Well, it wasn't. Did she tell you she was a suspect?" Arielle asks and I shook my head. "You guys have serious communication problems... Even Riley knows half of it."

I was now officially mad at Sage. Why didn't she tell me this?

"Thank you, Arielle, I'll speak with her about it." I say and turn on my heels to leave.

"Sage can hold a grudge so good luck!" I hear Arielle say as I left.

***

"Ian-- what's wrong?" Sage opened the front door with a grin but it disappeared when she saw my expression.

"Where's Riley?" I say firmly. I didn't want her to hear this.

"Walking Jupiter... Why? What's wrong?" Sage asks in concern.

I close the door and stomp into the living room where I sat on the couch. Sage sat next to me.

"Why did you lie to me?" I glare at her and she pulls back in surprise.

"About what?" Sage asks in a bitter tone. Her happy expression replaced by scrunched up eyebrows and crossed arms.

"About New Orleans," I get up and pace in front of her. "Why didn't you tell me you've been receiving psycho letters and knives from a serial killer? Oh, and did I mention the part of you being a suspect?"

Sage's expression was one of shock that lasted for a split second, then it was one of fury.

"Who told you that?" Sage got up and grabbed my arm to stop me from pacing.

"Does it matter?" I jerk my arm back. I was on angry Damon Salvatore mode.

"Your right it doesn't," Sage spat at me. "I didn't tell you because you didn't signed up for any of it and to protect you, okay? The killer is after me--"

"The killer is after your loved ones!" I cut her off.

"How am I supposed to take care of myself if I don't know anything, Sageline? And the instant I was your boyfriend I signed up for everything!" I yelled at her and she began rubbing her temples like she does when she's furious.

"Because I'm selfish, alright!" She yells back and glares at me. "I'm selfish to keep you as my boyfriend knowing I have very serious problems and I defintely do not deserve you and I'm clearly bad for you!"

"So we're done?" I say more quietly.

"I guess so..." Sage says and leads the way out.

I open the front door and see Riley coming with Jupiter on the sidewalk. I ran to her and hugged her hard.

"I love you." I whisper in her ear and kiss her forehead.

"I love you, too-- Ian!" Riley shouts but I was already gone.

***

I was at the bar with Paul Wesley, explaining all that happened with Sage today.

"...So we broke up." I finish and take a swig of my scotch.

"Damon." Paul says after a while and I roll my eyes.

"It's Ian remember? We're not on set." I say and Paul shakes his head.

"No, I mean she--Sage-- is your Damon Salvatore. The selfish thing and the 'I'm bad for you'." Paul explains and I gave him skeptical look.

"How is that a good thing?" I say expectantly.

"Because underneath it all the bad things, Damon has a heart of gold, is more selfless than he thinks, and his humanity isn't always off, which he then goes into an emotional breakdown... Fight for her Ian, she's worth it." Paul explains and my eyes went wide with understanding.

"You're right, Paul, thanks." I slap his shoulder and leave the bar.

I drove like a maniac to Sage's house and knocked on the front door. When no one answered I called Riley.

'Hello?' Riley answered.

"Where are you?" I ask and pace on the sidewalk.

'At the airport.' Riley says sadly.

"What?" I ask incredulously.

'Sage had a meltdown... We're going to to Los Angeles, California.'

"Don't get on that plane. I'm coming." I say but Riley starts to protest.

"No, Ian, let her cool down! I'll tell you when to come.' Riley pleaded.

I take a deep breath, "When?"

I hear her whisper something about protruding bellies and replies.

'Sage's birthday is in September... Come then.'

"September? That's three months!" I say and I hear her sigh.

'Trust me, Ian, just trust me.'

"Fine, I'll come in September." I say in defeat and hung up.

I will always trust Riley.