Chapter 18

5 votes in less than two hours? You guys are awesome!

5+ votes for next chapter

***

I got lost a few times but I finally found the house. I was in shorts and a hoodie so my body was freezing when I got out of the car and knocked on the door. It was 4am but I hoped he'd hear.

"Coming!" I heard him shout from inside.

I was now crying uncontrollably, it was probably my stupid hormones. The baby started kicking again but I ignored it.

Ian opened the door and his jaw dropped.

"Sage?" He looked down at my belly but I threw myself at him before he said anything.

"Oh, Ian, I'm so sorry! For everything I did or said or didn't tell you I'm sorry! It's all my fault, I don't deserve you but I can't stand a second without you!" I sobbed and he squeezed me tight.

I felt something hot and wet drip down my neck and I realize he was crying, too. With tears still rolling down our faces, Ian lifted me and carried me to an armchair where I curled on his lap like a baby as he threw a blanket over us.

"It's my fault too, Sage... I love you and I'm sorry. I will forever be yours." Ian whispers and kisses my lips.

"I love you more and I'll always be yours." I say lovingly.

"You're pregnant? Is it mine?" Ian asks in fear and I chuckle.

"Yes, she's kicking like crazy now." I say and lift my shirt up to place his hand on my belly.

"She?" Ian asks and my face falls.

"I know you once said you wanted a boy--" I say but stops me with a kiss.

"A girl's perfect." Ian grins and I smile.

***

Joseph understood and we were on good terms and he stayed in LA while we returned to Atlanta.

Ian surprised me on Halloween, our one year anniversery, by buying a huge house! He showed me what would be the baby's room, it was big and it was already painted baby pink. There was a window through which the sun shined through and reflected a sparkle behind me when I turned around, Ian was on one knee holding a diamond ring.

"Sageline Rose Prior," Ian says and takes out a diamond ring. "Will you marry me?"

I was speechless so I just nodded and he slipped the ring on my finger.

We moved in the house three days after and we loved it even Jupiter since she had a big yard.

A downfall was that I was having nightmares and each night I would wake up covered in sweat and gasping for air, Ian was always there to comfort me and I'd forget but this time the nightmare was different.

"I'm here, babe, it's okay. It's only until you get used to the house." Ian soothed me.

"I have to tell you my last secret, Ian, then the nightmares will go away." I say and Ian nods.

"Riley isn't my sister." I say.

"Not biologicaly, I know that, Sage." Ian says.

"No, she is biological, but she's not my sister... She's my daughter." I say sincerely and Ian's eyes went wide.

Suddenly, our door creaks open to reveal a confused Riley.

"What?" She says incredulously and runs back to her room.

"Riley, wait!" I shout and follow her.

I found her sitting on her bed staring into nothingness, "Why are you talking nonsense?" she says.

"It's true, Riley... When I was adopted I was already pregnant with you. Mom and Dad fell in love with you so I posed as your sister." I say and tears rolled down both our eyes.

"That's why I don't look like them," She says, it was true, our parents had brown hair and eyes. "Whose my father?"

The question I dreaded.

"I don't know..." I say sadly and Riley's face contorts in anger.

"How do you not know who you had sex with?" She spat at me.

"Riley do you know at what age I had you? I'm twenty-six you're fourteen. Count." I say firmly.

"Twelve..." Riley says in shock.

"Exactly. I was raped, my real parents died in a house fire, and I was in a psych ward for two month because my mind went blank from mental trauma." I say and hear Ian gasp. He did not knew this.

"I need time." Riley says and I nod and left her room.

Ian follows me and I raise my hand before he dropped a bombshell of questions.

"Not tonight, Ian, I'm tired and eight months pregnant, so yeah." I say and he nods.

The next morning I was in the kitchen eating breakfast alone, Ian had to go to work early. I suddenly hear a car honk outside and Riley comes down the stairs fully dressed and attaches Jupiter's leash.

"Where are you going?" I say blocking the front door.

"I'm going to the dog park with Xander and Lexi, their older brother is taking us." Riley says and sighs in exasperation when I gave her a look. "I'll be back in two hours, okay?"

I move away from the door and grabbed her arm before she left.

"I love you, Riley Elena."

"I love you, too." Riley mutters and I let her go.

She'll be fine. It's just a phase. I thought to myself.

Ian came home for lunch and Riley still hadn't come home. She didn't answer her phone either.

"Where could she be?" I say and my phone answers by ringing.

"Hello?"

'Yes, is this Sage Prior?'

I didn't recognize the female voice so I put it on speaker so Ian could listen.

"Yes, she speaks." I say cautiously.

'This is the Atlanta hospital... Is your sister Riley Elena?'

"Yes, why? Is she, okay?" I ask suddenly afraid.

'She was in a car accident with three other people... You should come immediately.'

She hung up and Ian's eyes were exactly like mine, full of dread.

We got to the hospital and demanded to see Riley. She was in the operation room was all they told us. I saw Lexi, Xander, and their brother. They only had broken bones and cuts.

I waited nervously and Ian called our closest friends. The news spread like a wild fire.

Arielle came and left to the vets when I got a call that they found Jupiter, who luckily escaped the crash unwounded. Colton, Nina, Paul,and most of the TVD cast came. Even Joseph caught a flight and came.

Twelve hours later and the doctor finally came and looked surprise as our crowd stood up.

"Sage Prior?" He says.

"That's me," I walk up to him with Ian. "How's my sister?"

The doctor frowned, "I'm sorry... Your sister hit her head pretty hard and the inside of her brain lost to much blood... She's in a indefinite coma."

I felt my world shatter and I knelt on the floor and sobbed like I never had before. Ian couldn't move so Joseph lifted me up and held me.

"You may see her if you like... But only you two." the doctor says and we nod.

How Ian and I walked was a mystery but we did. I sob rocked me when I saw my sister connected to all those tubes. She was dead in life.

How am I going to survive?