Chapter 10

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

Here I was in front of an apartment door with all my luggage, knocking the door of a complete stranger.

I was about to leave when the door opened. It was a very attractive man, with reddish brown curls and green eyes. He was tall and had a nice built.

"Hi, I'm Sage..." I say shyly and the man smiles.

"Oh, yes, Ian's girl... Come in. I'm Joseph." He says in a heavy British accent that made me melt inside.

I pull my bags inside the apartment and Joseph helps me.

"Nice place you got." I say as I looked around the modern apartment.

"It's not even mine but thanks," Joseph chuckles and leads me down the hall. "My room is down the hall if you need anything, okay?"

"Yeah, and thank you for letting me stay here." I say as he put my bags on top of the king sized bed.

"Anything for Ian's girl." Joseph says with a grin and leaves me in the room.

I took a shower and got ready for bed. It was only 9pm but I was exhausted, I called Ian to let him know I was fine. As soon as I hanged up, Joseph's head peeked through my door.

"I though you might be hungry?" Joseph says and enters with a box of pizza.

"How'd you know?" I say excitedly and pull him towards my bed where we sat and ate the delicious cheese pizza.

"Who doesn't like pizza?" Joseph says with a smirk and I nod.

"I'm an actor and I just finished shooting season one of The Originals. The cast is having a pool party tomorrow... Want to come?" Joseph asks me with a side smile I couldn't resist.

"I'd love to." I say and he grins.

***

"Ready, Sage?" Joseph called outside my room as I was putting a white sundress over my bathing suit. I woke up early and managed to go buy a bikini before the party.

"Yes!" I say and open the door.

We had to pick up Daniel,Claire, and Phoebe on our way so the car was full.

"Smile guys, this is going on twitter!" Joseph says as he took out his phone at a red light. I was wearing Joseph's sunglasses so twitter wouldn't know me.

The party was at the roof of a hotel and it was awesome. Drinks. Famous people. Pools. Pratically any person's dream, except that I missed Ian and Riley.

I was lounging on a beach chair and decided to call Ian.

"Hey, Ian!" I say.

'Hi, babe! I saw the pic on twitter. I thought it was a business trip?' Ian says jokingly.

"It is but I'm free today." I say and bite my lip. "How's it goingo over there?"

'We're at the reserve now... Riley got sprayed by a sea lion!'

I laughed, "I miss you both."

'Us too, talk to you later?'

"M'kay," I say and as soon as I hang up, Joseph picks me up and jumps into the pool with me.

I can't swim and the pool was deep but Joseph had a grip on me and took me to the border of the pool.

"You are so lucky my phone has a waterproof case!" I gasp and check my phone which was still in my hand.

"Welcome to the celebrity world." Joseph laughs and splashes my face.

"Oh it's on!" I say and we begin to splash ourselves.

For a second all my problems disappeared.