Chapter 12

5+ VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER

***

I got to the small house that belonged to my only living relative and got out of the car nervously.

I knocked on the front door and a woman with blonde hair, light skin, and soft brown eyes opened the door.

"Sage? How are--" She gasped clearly surprised.

"I'm looking for Marcus." I say in a serious tone to cut the chit chat.

She nods,"Marcus, honey, someone wants to see you."

Marcus Smith appears and gapes at me before coming up to me. We sit on the porch steps in silence.

"When was the last time you called me Uncle Marc?" Marcus breaks the silence.

"Why? Why would you tell the FBI I was adopted? Now I'm a suspect for the murder of my own parents!" I spat at him while glaring at my black, studded combat boots.

"Sageline--" Marcus tried to touch me but I jerked my hand away.

"HOW COULD YOU?" I got up and shouted at him. "You made me tell my horror story and you interrogated me!"

"Sageline it was the right thing to do and what's best for you-- I know you didn't kill Jessica or my brother Edward." Marcus says calmly.

"I'm surprised you didn't tell them Riley's my daughter." I say more quietly.

"That's up to you to say... And you're no longer a suspect, they have no physical evidence." Marcus says and closes his eyes, probably waiting for me to explode again.

"Whatever..." I rub the back of my neck in relief.

I turn to leave, "When do you plan on telling her, Sageline?" Marcus says quickly in a frustrated voice.

"That's my problem." I say without looking back.

***

"Thank you for letting me stay at your place." I say.

We were at the airport waiting for my flight to go back to Atlanta.

"You're welcome... It was fun actually. Will you be my friend, Sage?" Joseph says with a side smile.

"No, you can be my best friend, after Arielle of course." I grinned.

My flight was about to leave and I got up to hug Joseph.

"Call me, okay?" Joseph says as he lets me go.

"Always," I reply and wave goodbye as I left to get on the plane.

***

"SAGE!"

I was outside of the airport walking with my luggage when my two crazies pull up the car right in front of me.

"Ian, Riley!" I squealed as they both got out of the car.

They ran up to me so fast that we ended up on the floor laughing our butts off.

"We missed you!" Riley sang and we hugged each other.

"I was gone for only three days." I say and kiss Riley's cheek.

"It felt like forever." Ian says mostly to himself.

I put my arms around his neck and connected my lips to his. He was right, I was so busy in New Orleans I didn't notice the ache in my soul that only Ian could soothe.

"Hello? Earth to Ian and Sage!" Riley cleared her throat interrupting our kiss.

"Get a room you guys." Riley says as we got in the car. Ian and I rolled our eyes at her.

We got home and the first thing I saw was a stack of letters on the coffee table. I picked them up. They were from Ian, the same ones I got every week but now they were daily?

"Ian?" I called from over my shoulders. I could hear the shower running so I went upstairs,to my room, and leaned on my bathroom's doorpost.

"Who sent these?" I ask, lifting the letters so the he could see.

He opened the shower door slightly and stuck his wet head out. He squinched his eyes to look at the envelopes.

"I don't know, Sage, Riley and I stayed at my place while you were gone." Ian says while getting out of the shower and I immediately lift my head up.

"What?" I hear Ian ask in confusion.

"You're naked. Put a towel on it." I say firmly and closed my eyes as I threw him a towel.

"We're together,Sage, it doesn't matter." Ian chuckles.

"We're still not at that stage!" I say quickly, a little embarassed. "Did you put the towel on?"

"Yes." Ian replies and I open my eyes only to close them back again. I was red as a tomato.

"OH MY GOSH, IAN! Don't lie to me!" I growl and stomped out of the room while Ian was having a laughing fit.

I didn't bother to open the letters so I added them to the stack in the shoebox in the closet under the stairs.

I saw Riley in the kitchen eating a bucket of ice cream.

"Is that tasty?" I say and Riley nods and hands me a spoon.

"I have to tell you something but you can't tell Ian, okay?" I whisper.

"Promise." Riley replies.

"I wasn't on a business trip." I say.

"I know." Riley says and I gaped at her. "I know you better than the back of my hand, plus you do business trips in LA not New Orleans."

"Yes, so I went to New Orleans because Marcus called me for interrogation for what happened to Mom and Dad." I whisper with bitterness.

"Uncle Marc?" Riley asks in disbelief. "Why?"

I gulped, "Because I'm adopted Riley... And that made me a suspect but I'm not anymore, they had no physical evidence."

Riley dropped her spoon with a loud clank, "You're adopted?" She says way to loudly.

"Shush!" I cover her mouth. "Ian knows I'm adopted but not the rest so shush!"

"Why was I the last one to know this?" Riley says annoyed.

"It doesn't matter you know now. Just don't tell Ian about New Orleans, okay?" I pleaded.

"Why?" Riley whispers.

"Because if you haven't noticed my boyfriend is famous and paparazzis follow him everywhere," I say as I pushed Riley upstairs. "It's time for bed, young lady."

After Riley was asleep and I took a showere, I went to my room to find Ian shirtless fast asleep on my bed. I smile and climb into bed with him curling myself on his chest.

"You're hair smells like strawberries." Ian mumbled without opening his eyes.

"I washed it." I yawned and kissed his neck.

Ian opened his eyes and analyzed my face, "What?" I say.

Ian just kept staring at me, "I think we're at that stage." Ian whispered.

"How do we know?" I ask and I felt my heart race.

"Because I love you, Sage." Ian says and I just go with my heart.

"I love you more..." I whispered back.

Ian grabs my face and kisses me softly, letting me go after only a minute.

"I realized it when I got jealous of Joseph." Ian says and I giggle.

"We're not having sex tonight, right?" I ask suddenly afraid.

"No, I'm too tired... Your sister was a handful." Ian says half-asleep.

I giggle once again and we slept, with me curled on Ian's chest and Ian's strong arms around me.