02 || 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐍

𝐃𝗼𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝗼'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

After seeing her running through the alleyways all alone in nothing but a sheet and thin clothing, I needed to help her. From afar, she looked like a normal human being. Once I came to her rescue, I attacked the dead man before it could reach her.

I jumped down from the building, and with whatever courage and adrenaline I had in my chest, it motivated me to ram this infected human into the brick wall with a great splat. Just when I was about to greet myself to the girl, she blacked out on the ground with a ton of barbed wire scratching up her neck, shoulders, and fingers. I hate that the bandits set these terrible traps...

"Hey, hello?" I said, shaking her shoulder gently. The blood on her neck drizzled on her skin and my first instinct was to get her back to my home so I could treat her. She needed help, some kind of care anyway. Carefully, I snipped the barbed wire with a pair of pliers I had on hand. Once I relieved this girl from the bandit trap, I picked her up from the ground.

As I brought this new stranger to my home under the ground, I noticed that she was different from any New Yorker that I've ever seen.

Her facial features were intriguing, and her ears were longer than a regular human's. She must be a mutant of some kind like me, my brothers, and my father.

After getting back into the lair that wasn't as bubbly like it used to be, I walked straight to my lab where I could care for this girl.

When I set her on the small bed in my office, I got right to work. If I let the barbed wire stay in her neck any longer, she'd experience severe pain along with infection. Only God knows what these bandits place on the wire.

I clipped away the wire and gently pulled it from her neck to see two perfect gashes have stolen their spot. These will become scars later on and hopefully she'll embrace them. I know she'll be as strong as I believe she is.

Maybe after twenty minutes of caring for my... new friend, I monitored her wounds on her neck, as well as her injured head. She may not wake up for a while but only time will tell.

My hands rub together as I sighed deeply, looking at her rest after a long and hard four months by herself. I'll admit... I've been watching her because everyone is gone and not a soul has shown up in the city except for her. Now that's she's finally here in my home... it feels a bit awkward.

One of my hands rests on her shoulder, giving her sympathy, seeing the innocence in her. "You'll be okay." I paused, seeing the white dots on her face light up in a rippling effect. She's definitely someone special. "Whoever you are."

I must let her rest now. The second I left my lab, my older brother Leonardo came up to me with an expression I never enjoyed seeing. "What the hell are you doing?" Leo asked me, crossing his arms strongly, his tone loud.

"Leo," I said, pushing my glasses farther up my face. "I was just cleaning up..." I pointed my thumb to my lab.

"Have you forgotten that I am not the dumb one?" He asked me, glaring into my hazel eyes. Man, I had a feeling he was going to figure me out sooner or later. I did leave the lair unexpectedly about an hour ago, so he has every right to be disappointed with me as my brother and leader.

I widened my eyes at him. "What? No! No, I just, uh... I... I found someone outside."

"Outside?!" Leo exclaimed, walking to my lab where the girl was still recovering. Luckily, she didnt hear him. "Donnie, we all talked about this! We don't go above unless we absolutely have to. Out of the four of us, I expect you to fully understand and obey my requests."