25 || 𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐒

Gʀɪᴢᴢʏ: The drawing was done by me!

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Yo, Raph!" Mikey called from downstairs.

Raphael shows himself to his little brother, looking over the railing and rubbing his eyes. "What?" He was very tired.

"Have you seen Donnie and Osa?" Asked Mikey. "They're nowhere and it's past noon."

"Did you check the cafeteria?" Raph says. "Maybe they're picking up food."

"No, they've been gone for a while. I looked everywhere and nothing." Mikey was starting to worry about Donnie and I, and I didn't blame him for feeling that way. 

"They went to the lake." Leo walks out of his cell. "Don wanted to see if there were any fish to catch."

"But isn't the lake frozen over?" Raph asked.

"It is. Maybe they're ice fishing." Leo shrugs.

"No." Patience barged into the conversation. "That ice is weak right now, guys. It may be frozen, but halfway into the deep end is where it breaks." Patience comes in to lean on the railing.

"They could fall in," Mikey said.

Leo looks down thinking for a moment and says, "If they both went out on the lake to ice fish, maybe..."

"What makes you say maybe?" Patience asked.

"Before I saw Donnie and Osa leave, I watched Osa shift into a horse." Says Leo.

****

Donatello looks back to see the few dogs on the shore couldn't hold their patience. One of them charged with two more following behind.

Some were determined enough to go out on the ice and slip instantly, scraping away whatever rotten flesh was on them. I noticed one of the dogs had a missing eye, showing off an empty eye socket. Not only did these dogs have horrifying features, but their eyes are what creeped me out the most. They glowed alarming red.

Donnie stays still as much as he could, careful to not disturb the ice under him. He tried facing himself to the shore and aimed his gun at any dogs who were brave enough to go on the thin material.

He waited for the right moment to plant the bullets in one of the dog's heads. For support, Donnie held on to my thick mane and yelled in anger when he started firing at the infected dogs. Each shot rang my ears, making me jump in the cold water. Luckily, he was able to kill off four dogs.

Some of the dogs yelped, cried, and eventually ran off. From afar, I could see the Dead dogs' bodies twitching until they were stiff. 

I sighed in relief when the active dogs were gone. "There." Donnie breathed heavily. "They're gone."

"What if they come back?" I whimpered, looking at the complete dead corpses of four animals on the ice. I started to wonder if their weight might affect the rest of the ice.

"They shouldn't return, just hang in there." Donnie panted, scooting closer to my long face. He reached into his bag and showed me a good length of thick rope to see if it could pull me out... like it could. The only good this rope did was keep my head above the water.

Donatello's hands worked together to place the big loop around my neck and ears. As he did this, I struggle to stay afloat. All four of my legs kicked to keep my heavy body up, but soon I would feel my organs slowly shutting down.

This was a terror on the ice. What makes this situation even direr is that I can't shift. If anything overwhelms my body, there is no way I can change my shape. Being in ice-cold water is a great example.