20 || 𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐒

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

So, I ended up giving Donnie a rabbit's foot as a good luck charm. And in return, he gave me a purple ribbon that is tied firmly around my tail. Two good luck charms. I'm not entirely sure what this means, though. Does it even mean anything?

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

It was settled the next morning by our leader, Leonardo. He had all of us pack up our belongings so we could continue yet another long walk. But before we left, he wanted to make sure he got a definite 'no' from Stan.

I believe that we're not going to the zone because no one was speaking of it.

The old man that we barely called a friend said there was an abandoned prison just two hours away, and it should give us a roof over our head. The word 'prison' brought me to the file in my head that had pictures of men and women in orange jumpsuits, ones that have done so many terrible things. Some are murderers, drug addicts, robbers, rapists, and lots more. And since prisons usually have cameras around the entire property, Donnie said he could try using them if we were to get there.

All of us waited patiently outside Stan's house as Raph and Leo tried to convince the man to come to join us but he refused to. The more Leo looked at Stan, he could tell that he wanted to come along and have a new chance at having a family again. A family which is full of mutants...

To prevent my body from shivering any longer, I changed my shape into my favorite animal of choice; the grizzly bear. I lied down in the snow, rolling around to itch my thick-coated back. What's funny about being a shapeshifter, sometimes items that are attached to me change with me. It must be some kind of extra ability I have, yet I don't understand it. The ribbon that Donnie tied on me last night was on my nubby tail.

Patience kicked the snow and threw snowballs to get a few laughs out, trying to forget the harsh environment. I didn't really laugh or giggle, but I gave a couple of playful grunts and roars. Donnie, Mikey, and Splinter watched with bright beams, thinking it was nice to see some joy.

When Raphael stepped out of the house, we thought the wait was over. But he told us that Leo and Stan were talking privately. So, we waited another ten minutes. And during those ten minutes, Donnie gained the courage and bravery to take down a nasty-looking lame brain that bothered us. It was a simple kill with a knife he carried with him.

The Brothers were still a little iffy when it came to the infected, but I knew that they-- we are going to have to get used to killing them. It'll become second nature to all of us.

Of course, the rest of us standing around just watched and took mental notes. Shortly after witnessing Donnie kill one of those things, I heard Patience say my name.

Patience walks up to my chest as I stare into the bright white sky, getting thick flakes all over my bear body. "Osa?" She says, showing off her grey-white lizard appearance, placing a hand on my right front paw. "I wanted to say sorry." She softly says.

"For what?" I ask, curious to know why she is apologizing.

"Everything." She told me.

"You said sorry already, haven't you?" I ask.

Patience nodded, knowing she did apologize to me once. "I wanted to say it again. Just so you know I don't want to hurt you in any other way."

"You never really hurt my feelings but... apology accepted." I couldn't smile, but my tone of voice told her I was unbothered by everything that has happened. It's in the past and we just have to move forward from it.