30 || 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I honestly thought that being alone would fix things, but it turns out that it became a lot worse.

I mean it's really nice to get away from the drama and the orders that I hate following, yet I'm alone, and I have no one to talk to.

Tonight, I'm hearing a lot of strange sounds at one or three in the morning. The hoots, howls, and whistles were extremely creepy to listen to.

I ignored them to focus on sleeping in a small cave made out of large rocks. It was a lonely time for me as the sun went down, and the only kind of light was the snow clouds, snowflakes, the layers on the ground. It was so bright, I could see my paws out in front of me.

I was so far into the tight cave, I could watch the infected walk by or run as they growl and roar. I was haunted by these things all the time and thought they would soon find me. If they get me, so be it. If I get caught, God bless me that's it...

The distance from where I was and to the prison was a great distance. Far enough to not be found.

I could be found if I wanted to be.

𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟼

The sun jumped off the trees to reach inside my eyelids to wake me up for the day.

The first thing to greet me was a small deer, a doe eating away and galloping deeper into the forest.

I watched the animal run before guessing the thought on what the group was doing in the prison. Maybe they were doing okay without me. I think it is better this way. And I may actually have a great chance at becoming a dominant survivor.

Within minutes, I was out of the cave to stretch the stuck and tight muscles that stayed in various positions during my slumber. I yawned widely, getting one last stretch until I took my first few steps to start the morning.

Looking back to Splinter's question of yesterday of where I would go, it got me thinking a lot. Where am I going to go? To China? I laughed for not having a place, in particular, to go to. I might as well hang around the area where the prison sits, watching over everyone as I'm out of sight. My decision-making is pointing toward the place I'm supposed to call home. Just like what Donnie said.

Setting up my path for the prison's perimeter, I broke off a thick stick from a fallen branch to create a homemade weapon... remember, no knife or gun. It's better not to touch rotten bodies and obviously to avoid getting bit.

I stride through the winter wonderland to make my way to the road where I left Donnie yesterday. I kinda feel bad... Yesterday, I totally shoved him away.

The broken branch grew hot in my hands for gripping it so much and having such high awareness because the Dead could jump out of anywhere. Shortly after waking up at the temporary cave, I found dark spots of liquid in the snow. More like black blood instead of red. There were clusters of drops on top of each other and whatever this was, it was bleeding out real quick.

"Geez..." I whisper, continuing my walk. Not only did I see the blood near a tree, but I also watched the trail continue to the road. This crimson liquid looked really fresh... as if it happened last night.

I was making sure that only trees and snow were in my head, not infected.

It's my first day surviving alone and I do hope I succeed to show myself I'm able to do this challenge.

Anyway, ten minutes pass and I was just maybe two minutes away from the prison. And that is when I saw it from afar. "Almos there..." I'm a little hesitant, though.