06 || 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The steep hill had nearly got me to lose my balance. The tall grass was trampled on by my weight as I made a trail toward the faint screams in the distance. While I ran, I could hear Donnie calling my name out. "Osa!" He shouted. "Stop!"

Soon, I saw the two Walkers up ahead of me. They are still chasing the girl. Then, I remembered the switchblade that Raph had given me just last night. I could use this weapon and bring down my first Walkers... My first... Walkers.

Deep breath, deep breath. Don't hesitate or you'll mess this whole thing up. I got this!

I sprinted up to both running carcasses and let the clean, thin blade release from the handle. I have never felt an angry rage feeling come over me like this. It was like I knew what I was doing for plummeting the knife into the back of the head of the first Walker. It must be my instincts!

But this---these! These Walkers were my first.

After I took out both of the Walkers, I watched them tumble to the ground, letting out their final noises before lying still. Once they were taken care of, I kept running after the girl we saw on the highway.

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The Highway

Mikey, Leo, and Raph were back on the highway pushing away a few cars to create a path for the truck. While they were working on clearing the road a bit, Leonardo takes a look at the front of the vehicle and saw Splinter watching his teenage sons keep up their teamwork.

It looks like Splinter was enjoying the wind, the cold chill that came with it. Then, Leo heard Mikey step away from one of the cars he was pushing. "Why aren't we chasing Osa and Donnie? I mean they went after a girl we don't know with the infected geeks." He wipes the small drops of sweat off his forehead.

Leo shifted his gaze at his two other brothers. "Donnie takes care of himself. And Osa," Leo still stands next to the truck. "I don't even know about her. But they'll be back."

Raph came away from the cars and dug through the front seat of the truck to get a few bottles of water. "I'm still freaked out by that herd that passed by, whatever you call it." He tossed one to Mikey.

"What was that? They just march together?" Mikey asked his brothers and Splinter, untwisting the cap of the water bottle. He takes a quick drink.

"A herd... sounds about right." Leo agreed. "Mikey, keep working on the truck while we search the cars."

"Okay..." He walks to the front of the Tartaruga and got back to work. Then, all together, the brothers and Splinter heard the screams in the distance toward the woods. Those shrieks were haunting to the ears, able to shake someone to their core. "That can't be good," Mikey says.

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The more I ran, the more I got annoyed with Donnie's yelling. For the first time since meeting him, I was actually frustrated and not too happy with him following me. "Osa, stop it!" Now, those words made me stop in my tracks and face him with a nasty glare. "Don't ever take off like that!" He panted.

"What?" I say to him.

"You heard me, Osa."

I wanted to laugh at his face for the first time, too! Donnie just met me yesterday and he is already trying to protect me. Or shall I say... control me. "You barely know me!" I turned away to keep looking for the girl.