Chapter 20: More friends

SKY'S POV

When Nashi told me that I'd meet the rest of her friends, I could safely say that I wasn't prepared and I don't think I would be. They have very different personalities. And I was surprised they can get along and not start some sort of war.

I sat under a tree and remember the times I hang out with Nashi's friends. The first time we hang out was weird and full of surprises.

                                                                    -Flashback-

"Hey, Sky." I looked up and saw Nashi waving at me with a bunch of other kids.

"Hey..." I waved back lamely and stood up from my spot. I was really nervous and I want to leave a good first impression. So I said in my coolest voice, "I'm Sky. Sky Vastia."

"Why would someone name their child Sky?" a boy with blond hair said.

"Don't be rude, John," a girl that kind of looks like the boy elbowed him and turned to me. Must be twins. "Sorry about him. He's just an idiot. Anyway, I'm Mary and that's John. We're twins, unfortunately." she sighed and John shouted in indignation.

"Cool." I said and nodded at them.

"I'm Ersa Fernandes. Nashi and Michael told us about you." a girl with blue hair and amber eyes extended her hand towards me and I shook it.

"Really?" I hope what they told about me was something good.

A blonde girl walked up to me and waved her hand and smiled at me. "I'm Mareabelle Dreyar. Older sister to the twins. And I hope we all get along." she clasped her hands behind her. She seems to be the nicest

"I'm Jizelle Redfox and this is my brother Gavy," a girl that has black hair pointed to a boy with black hair.

A bluenette stood in the back and stared at me like I'm a ghost or something. Mareabelle saw her and pulled her closer.

"This is April." and when we locked eyes, I get the sense that there was something wrong. But before I can ponder on that thought Jizelle clapped her hands for attention.

"How about you tell us more about yourself? Nashi was going on and on about you yesterday, and I'd say I'm intrigued." she looked at me expectantly.

"Whaa- I did not go on and on about him." Nashi stomped her foot in protest and crossed her arms. Cute.

"Sure," Jizelle said with a tone of playfulness and everyone laughed.

We exchanged stories and some decided tomshow off their magic. It was really fun kinda like yesterday but with more people. I wished that we can hang out all the time.

And while all this fun is going on, we failed to notice two girls went off somewhere.

APRIL'S POV

I looked at them and I was distracted by Sky. Everytime I look at him, I remember dad. They look so alike and it wasn't even possible. He's dead.

"Hey, how about we go take a walk?" Mareabelle walked up to me and smiled. 

"But-" I started to protest and gestured to the others.

"Don't worry. We'll be back before they know we're gone." I could only nod and we walked away from the laughter and chatter.

"Whatcha thinking about?" she asked and kicked a pebble on the way. 

"Nothing. Just he looks like dad and the necklace and.... I don't know." I looked down and stopped. "I may sound crazy, but I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe he's my brother. I know crazy, but the resemblance and the way he acts and all that.... Gah!" I messed my hair and tears were beginning to form but I held back.