#17

Week 12: July 22: Day Inn Hotel: North Carolina

Precious laid on the hotel bed and sighed deeply. She wanted to know where Caleb got a fake id from. He always seemed to be out while she was laid up in the hotel room. She missed home and she wanted to go back. Caleb told her to turn off her cell phone, so no one could get in contact with her. She did what she was told. It had been a week, but it felt like forever.

On top of that, she had morning sickness badly. Caleb made sure she had everything she needed. Precious hoped her parents was looking for her. She wanted to talk to Caleb, but she didn't want him to burn her hair up either or burning her up in the hotel room.

Precious didn't even know he was that crazy. He was always calm, now she knew why.

The hotel room door opened and Caleb walked in. Precious arched an eyebrow when she saw he had on a uniform. A job uniform.

"You have a job?" She asked him. Caleb took off the uniform and nodded his head.

"Yeah I started yesterday. That's why I was saying we can make it on our own. We got this, we just need to go to school. I don't know how we are going to do that yet. I'm still thinking." Caleb flopped down on the bed and laid back.

"But don't you miss your family, your friends?" Precious glanced at him. Caleb hunched up his shoulders.

"I have you, that's what matters to me the most." He told her, sincerely. Precious heart melted and she smiled for the first time that week.

Maybe they could make this work after all. If nobody found out about their real age.

Precious crawled over to him and kissed his lips. "Do I need to get a job too? How would we get in our own home if we're only sixteen years old?"

Caleb sighed deeply. He was tired of her saying the same thing over and over. "Just let me worry about that. You worry about not worrying too much. You're pregnant that's all you need to worry about."

Precious was taken back on what Caleb just said. She moved away from him.

"Why must we live like this? I want my life back and if you can't accept that, you can just burn me up in this hotel." Precious folded her arms.

Caleb jumped up and glared at her. "You are not leaving me, Precious! Can't you understand I love you? I did this for you. Since we found out you was pregnant, we went through a lot and still going through it."

"Yes, I know that. But have you forgot you put me through shit too! You didn't want me to be pregnant either. You didn't want people to know you fucked a nerd girl and got her pregnant. So you are so right." Precious argued back. She may have been scared, but she wasn't about to let him talk to her crazy. Even if he burnt her up.

Caleb threw his head back and laughed. "I thought we were over that. I guess not. You want to leave. Pack and your shit and get out. I'm trying to make life better and you're complaining. Why the hell is that?"

Precious huffed. Why wasn't he seeing the big picture? They ran away from home when Caleb escaped from the group home or whatever.

"Fine, whatever. I'll follow your lead for now. But just know I will put my two cents in it if I feel like something is wrong."

Caleb nodded his head and walked into the bathroom. Precious let the tears fall when he walked away.

*

"I want my fucking daughter back!" Savanna yelled at the police officers. Precious has been missing for a whole week and no signs of where she could be.

"Where was she last seen, ma'am?" The police asked her. Savanna shrugged her shoulder.

"She doesn't live with me. She lives with her father mother." Savanna stated. The officers exchange looks.

"How do you know that she is missing if she doesn't live with you?" The police asked.

Savanna glared at them. "I know that my fucking daughter is missing! Go find my daughter. Start an Amber Alert. Do something!" Savanna cried.

"Damn crocodile tears," Stan mumbled. He didn't understand why she was putting on a show. Savanna didn't give a damn about Precious. He didn't even know if she gave a damn about him. All Savanna did was work and didn't even take care of her business at home.

"Who was last seen with your daughter, ma'am?" The police asked. He had his notepad in his hands taking down notes.

"I don't know. She does hang out with some guy name Caleb. My mother said she haven't seen him around either." Savanna sighed. She flopped down on the couch as she cried. She knew she wasn't the best mother to her child, but she did love her. She didn't want anything to happen to her daughter.

"Caleb? Does this Caleb have a last name? What kind of car does he drive? Where does he live? Who are his parents?" The police threw question after question Savanna.

"I don't know! He's her baby father. That's all I know." Savanna stated.

The police started talking in a hushed tone. "Ma'am, a Caleb escaped from a group home just last week. We might be talking about the same Caleb. His last name is Williams. We all his information. We will have your little girl home safe."

"Oh no take her back to her grandmother house," Savanna said, quickly. The police officer exchanged another look. Stan glared at Savanna.

"Bring her back here," Stan said. His hard voice shook Savanna to the core. She knew he meant business by his tone.

"The police officers nodded their head. "Yes, sir will do." They walked out the house.

"You have lost your fucking mind. Crying for fucking what! To turn around and said take her back to her grandmother crib. What the fuck kind of shit is that!" Stan yelled at her.

Savanna shook her head. "She still will be pregnant, Stan."

"So fucking what. Her ass is coming back home. End of discussion. Matter of fact, let's go get her shit from her grandmother house now." Stan stood up and walked towards the door. He didn't wait to see if she was following behind him.

1[2,,]unll[,�,�v�g